Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: All runners to...same colour concept as the....WTF????????

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    If being able to identify colours is such a big deal....take me out to Randwick when they let them go from the Mile and point out the Punters with eyesight like Peregrine Falcons...the ones who can spot the colours in a pack in a TB race or better still, stand in any TAB, PubTAB or ClubTAB & point out same. Better still, find me a bunch of them that give a fat rats arse what colours they are wearing. Fair dinkum. Making it easier for the Punters to ID the colours...what a huge steaming load of old bollocks that is. Absolute crap. THEY FOLLOW NUMBERS FELLAS, NUMBERS!!!!!!
    On that very score....Saddle Cloths with whapping great Numbers on them, that's another story. Great idea. Go for Gold! Colour Code the Hell out of those buggers...no problems...but as for the Owner's Colours...go to buggery, hands off, leave them alone, access denied. Forbidden.

Junior Member Foal Daryll Jackson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryll Jackson
    Oh dear Jamie THEY FOLLOW NUMBERS,NUMBERS you can not see the numbers the only winner here is OPSM If you watch a dog race do you look for the No1 or a red rug. Go the color move with the times very few people still have black and white televisions. If its going to be unbearable for you may not have to watch Menangle Mondays in July

Junior Member Weanling ojc will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Russell
    Have a look at the following link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUhFYsdBgYk at the bottom of the screen around the track go the colour coded numbers of the horses in their own race. Wait for horses to pass the post firs time for the numbers to appear. This system known as the Trakus chiclet system is available for harness and gallops tracks. I think Singapore gallops use it regularly. For those who have no idea of trainer, owner or driver colours or for that matter a horse's racing pattern and race tactics they can simply watch the red or the blue and boot home the colour of their choice. Trakus also provides form charts based on the distance horse has run and times at certain tracking points. Can we spend some money on this system here?

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Well Jamie finally seems we have something we can at least partially agree on . I think large colour coded numbers should be standardised across all tracks. As for the owners silks that is one thing I would personally, happily forgo infavour of driver colours as in America. That I think would benefit turnover and help to establish drivers as a more marketable commodity.

My mind is not made up about 1000m races but my instincts don't like it. As for punters correct me if I'm wrong but don't they steer away at menangle already because the form doesn't stack up from the smaller tracks. How do you do the form for these 1000m races then, or are these just supposed to be a lottery product?

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Bloody typical,sit back,whinge,bitch,blame the committee,blame the government,blame anybody who doesn't agree with the status quo,blame anybody who agrees with the status quo,do something,do nothing and on and on.
    New idea,sit back,whinge,bitch,blame the committee,blame the government,blame anybody who doesn't agree with the status quo,blame anybody who agrees with the status quo,do something,do nothing and on and on.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    It's pretty obvious that we're all here on this site banging away at each other...ultimately because we all want 1 thing, that which is the very best for the Harness Racing Industry.

At the same time some of those who are actually paid by the Industry to be of service to and to look after the best interest of the Industry are instead jockying for the next slot at the TAB and they're playing a big game of 'watch me go' in order to achieve that goal and far too often, intentionally or otherwise, at our expense.
    Perhaps we're just factored into the bigger scheme of things, by them, as being a little 'collateral damage' along their road to greatness?
    In much the same fashion as the ACTU is quite regularly used by the various Labor Party Factionistas as a stepping stone to Federal Politics, I've long feared Harness Racing could be/ is being used by similar creatures as a stepping stone to other things. That's a good reason why, when people you suspect to be TAB beholders, ride on into town & tell you that black is in fact white & red all over to boot...you need to at least take a moment to work out if they're still going to be here in 5 or 10 years time in order to answer for their sins if they're in fact wrong.

A late mate of mine used to speak with similar scorn and derision about the transient and all care but no responsibility nature of 'Consultants'.
    "Oh look, there's an Industry that I can %$#& up and I can get paid to do it too" .....he would say as he flapped his outstretched arms in order to impersonate a huge Vulture and proceeded to circle the room, after a couple of passes then motioning to swoop down from on high in order to gorge itself at some poor insuspecting Industry's expense.

Is it just me, or do others also feel..circling above their heads, the disturbing presence of just such a metaphorical 'bird'?
    Last edited by Triple V; 05-09-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: spelling etc.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I think the idea of large number's or the coloured number's as the greyhounds wear has merit, but i don't agree with the driver colours like they do in America. I don't race many but when i do i like my colours to be worn and as i'm the one who pay's the bill i should hold that right, i think the American colours idea was bandy about a few years ago and if i remember rightly Mick (Lombo) Lombardo had a bit to say on this issue and he was against it.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    G'day Dallas,
    The Drivers Colours Only idea came courtesy of Minty Man Number 1, now spokesman for Sportsbet.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    How do you do the form for these 1000m races then, or are these just supposed to be a lottery product?
    BINGO! I was driving along in the car today talking to my brother and we hit on exactly the same question. This common ground that we're finding Dot, it's a bit unsettling huh?

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryll Jackson View Post
    Oh dear Jamie THEY FOLLOW NUMBERS,NUMBERS you can not see the numbers the only winner here is OPSM If you watch a dog race do you look for the No1 or a red rug. Go the color move with the times very few people still have black and white televisions. If its going to be unbearable for you may not have to watch Menangle Mondays in July
    [VVV] They're in order with their colours 1st-2nd-3rd-4th across the bottom of the screen Daryll. Maybe I inhabit the wrong places but nobody I've ever been with in the TAB or on course shouts out "GO THE BLACK WITH THE WHITE LIGHTNING BOLT, PURPLE CAP AND PINK CUFFS".

+ Reply to Thread