Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
Jaimie...For sure he has the ability...
Strong Winner of the Messenger after a sighter at the Auckland way of going in the Taylor Mile and 4yo jewels last season.
Was one of the early favourites for the NZ Cup when Smoken Up's program was unknown he was pulled out of that early on when he just couldn't handle the stand starts.
They had him in 3 heats at the workouts one day just for stand start practice. managed it 1 of 3 so no NZ Cup. ent out and won mobile FFA Cup day instead.
That said I remember him losing over 100 metres at start of a race very early in his career stand start then killing his opposition.
Having had that trip across the ditch, if you have a black book put his name at the top of each page with a highlighter pen. Next time you see him over there his reputation and your first impression will be justified I'm sure.
ps..I was there when he was born and being a Franco horse I wondered all that night.(shift) whether I could lease him ....He was a great looking foal and looking back I thought him the best foal I handled that season. (out of 87). Only pegged one better since in 5 years and waiting for it to emerge...!!!!!
[VVV] G'day Tony. Having been there when he arrived, it must be a real buzz for you to now be watching him race. That's pretty special.
Many develop over time of course but every so often there'll be a foal that comes along and it looks the goods virtually from the moment they stand up to take their first drink.
We've got an American Ideal colt foal here that I actually delivered, he got himself a bit stuck there for a few moments, & he has been a star from day one. Previous to him was a Christian Cullen filly from back in the 2011/12 season.