Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Australia

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Chris Lewis passed 5000 wins years ago. Current records only go back to the 1984/85 season, when he was driving Village Kid. He stared driving a decade earlier, his first big win being on Carclew in the 1976 Inter grand final. History (according to HRA) is bunk.
    He got his 5000th winner driving our horse Im The Best on Dec 17 2019. I presume Alan Parker worked it out and it wasn't going by HRA.
    5000 + 24 this year + 144 (2022) + 126 (2021). 2019/2020 is where it gets murky because they changed the season length. Youd need to add up the remainder of his wins for 2019 and then 2020s. So he'd be around 5400-5500 right now

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PP is right that you would be very worried if you have backed Spirit Of St Louis to win The Nullarbor after that super disappointing effort last night

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#GPM07042306
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    He was probably sub par, but it also shows how hard Storm has had it past 12 months chasing down leaders on a leader dominated track with no other horses in the field capable of softening up leader.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    He was probably sub par, but it also shows how hard Storm has had it past 12 months chasing down leaders on a leader dominated track with no other horses in the field capable of softening up leader.
    "Probably sub-par" is a good summation of the horse as I believe people seriously over inflate its ability. Great miler who is made for Menangle, he is shaping as another career changing victim of the Gloucester Park circle of death.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    "Probably sub-par" is a good summation of the horse as I believe people seriously over inflate its ability. Great miler who is made for Menangle, he is shaping as another career changing victim of the Gloucester Park circle of death.
    He's gone 1.54.8 over 2680m in the Blacks a Fake, won Cups including Ballarat Cup and 2nd in a Hunter Cup (beating Amazing Dream in both). Not a case of being a miler, just needs things his way to win at top level.

aussiebreno
    Magnificent Storm finally gets a gate in a big WA feature. Whereas against the WA contingent he would have been overs at $1.20, he has Betterzippit and Spirit of St Louis to contend with. I couldn't imagine Zip not having a crack for the lead, could be fireworks early and there is a few capable of running on over the top. Not sure why they've programmed it 2nd last race for though. Been consistently having their feature around race 4 or race 5 lately.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#GPM14042305
    Last edited by Messenger; 04-12-2023 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Added link

aussiebreno
    https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=60683

Managing owner Rob Tomlinson couldn’t hide his excitement after drawing the barrier himself. “At last,” he boomed. “This horse has had the worst run of barriers you could ever imagine."

You can say that again Rob!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    10.54 AEST tonight
    (just before my newly set bedtime )
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It would be typical Jason Grimson to win this tonight with Betterzippit
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't know the horse's racing pattern as I cannot claim to keep abreast of WA but I thought the fav has often been forced to death seat, if so why didn't Aldo want to lead - SOS was always going to hand up after that early burn

Two from the East/NSW come across and take home $675k of the Million (not strictly speaking due to slots etc)
    Whether they proved horses from the East are superior or just that drivers from the East are, I am not sure (one night only - I know)

Another 'miracle' from Grimson
    Last edited by Messenger; 04-15-2023 at 02:11 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread