Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Straight from the US

Hybrid View

triplev123
    Years ago a mate of mine regularly used to whack a finger scoop or two of Vicks VapoRub up the horse's nose before it went out onto the track. It has nothing in it save Camphor, Methol & Eucalyptol, none of which are illegal or that swab...at least not as far as I am aware, but I understand you can't use it anymore, regardless. Seems strange.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Years ago a mate of mine regularly used to whack a finger scoop or two of Vicks VapoRub up the horse's nose before it went out onto the track. It has nothing in it save Camphor, Methol & Eucalyptol, none of which are illegal or that swab...at least not as far as I am aware, but I understand you can't use it anymore, regardless. Seems strange.
    Believe or not
    But 20yrs ago when i was training greyhounds the easyiest way to pull a dishlicker up was to whack a dob of vicks up their nose before you put them in the box, the dog's hated the stuff and wouldn't go a yard

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Believe or not
    But 20yrs ago when i was training greyhounds the easyiest way to pull a dishlicker up was to whack a dob of vicks up their nose before you put them in the box, the dog's hated the stuff and wouldn't go a yard
    Funny you mention that. Only watching Better Homes and Gardens an hour ago and this dog kept biting his owners fishing rod when he was pulling a fish back in. Doctor Harry promptly put some vicks on the rod and the dog stayed away!

+ Reply to Thread