Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Australia

aussiebreno
    Storm won't come to ID which is a shame because he could have jagged a race where he isnt required to do all the work to ensure leader doesnt get it too easy. Hopefully he improves a length before the Cups because he deserves to be winning snd not running a place behind whoever draws to lead.

Barrier 1 stats dont read bad last night. 3 wins, 5 2nds and a galloper that was $2. Makes betting easy but isn't fair racing.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Tricky Miki had to do a bit of work in the Derby and thus showed he was a deserving favourite and winner

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#GPM04112203
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Magnificent Storm is not the unbeatable force many had thought. He will lose more races if the driving tactics are to charge around the field and sit up outside the leader he is no Pure Steel.

Can anyone explain what on earth has happened to Hurricane Harley? he can't run a message at the moment if I was the owner I'd be looking at another trainer G Hall Snr comes to mind.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have always thought that Harley was better suited to the shorter distances but he may not have come up this time and may need to be tipped out again - he was out a long time though. Maybe Anne can enlighten us
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Magnificent Storm is not the unbeatable force many had thought. He will lose more races if the driving tactics are to charge around the field and sit up outside the leader he is no Pure Steel.

Can anyone explain what on earth has happened to Hurricane Harley? he can't run a message at the moment if I was the owner I'd be looking at another trainer G Hall Snr comes to mind.
    Certainly not unbeatable but he is the top seed and with even luck wins the FFAs. Everything else is just taking their turn running places (Patronus at his best with that devastating sprint is an exception) with a good draw but Storm is the only one who can win/place from anywhere. Any PBD race he is going to keep drawing bad, but being the top seed they need to put him into the race. Would rather they try and win and find out exactly where his bottom is, rather than sit back and let the leader have it all their own way on a leader dominated track. Now is the time to test him out to see exactly how much better than the others he is, rather than get to WA/Freo Cup and be left wondering how much extra work he can do and still win. Lose the battle but win the war type stuff.

Was surprised by how short he was and actually backed Patronus Star due to the price, but all things being equal Storm is still the superior horse.

aussiebreno
    BOOOOM ! Pure Steel like performance and being driven so aggressively and putting pay to them will no doubt scare a few drivers into giving him an easier time in races going forward.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#GPM11112205
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-12-2022 at 01:01 AM. Reason: link

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Huge performance from MS but I have to say it was a huge turnaround from his start the week before. A capitulating 4th over 2536m where the winner rated 1:57:3 to a huge showing same distance rating 1:56:4. I will concede the horse may have had an off performance the week before.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The $150k Westral Mares Classic was run tonight
    I am wondering how the First Four paid so well - $1,289 with the top 3 picks and a $16 pop
    and how there came to be $53,461 in the pool (4 times the preceding race)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Magnificent Storm in the Inter would have been something. Will be a travesty if he doesnt win the WA and Freo Cups. Wins again last night. Nothing was going to get near him once he crossed.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    $81 pop Himself wins the $200k Gp1 Nugget

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#GPM16122204
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread