Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria Cup field

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Victoria Cup field

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...e-Vic-Cup-cut-

So who will miss out?

As the article states, 2 of the following are likely to miss out:

Restrepo, Franco Ledger, Lennytheshark, Suave Stuey Lombo, Avonova (but I am not sure that Im Corzin Terror should be on the 'given' list)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    ICT is exempt from the ballot after winning at Ballarat

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    Yep ICT wins the Ballarat Cup and so guarantees himself a start. I'd think Restrepo, Lennytheshark and Franco Ledger will all start. Suave Stuey a bit unlucky to miss out. But so is Chilli Palmer. Such is the quality of the field that there will be some top-notch pacers on the sideline...

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Is there a Cup consolation?? I agree with Cody re above 3 but that still leaves, as mentioned, Avonnova, Stuey, Chilli + the likes of Flaming Flutter, Maximan, Bit Of A Legend, Cold Major, Metro Mike, Smudge Bromac, Charlie Macsheen,........

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Pretty sure that Maximan will be off the scene for a few months injured, Would love to see Lenny, Avonnova and Restrepo get the last 3 spots if #1 is correct and a Consolation would be a good race with some of the others that will miss out.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Of course, totally forgot about Andy Gaths tweet re the highs (SA Derby) & lows (Maximan pulling up sore) of his SA Cup night.
    There would be a couple of others that I have missed to make a consolation race exciting, surely.

aussiebreno
    Imo Restrepo and Franco Ledger should get in based on winning country cups lately. Avonnoa gets in because he is the 5th highest earning horse this year and 5th on the grand circuit points tally, 2nd in a Grand Circuit race.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I pretty much agree with you Brendan, although the Hamilton Cup is only worth as much as a NSW M0. I think Lenny might be unlucky
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Noms as of now (Monday) for the big one. Connections of Artoc perhaps hoping for a repeat of "Sulkygate" to get into this race.
    Attached Images

Member Gelding Big Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dean mac
    Horses
    Greg The Great
    Thought I read or heard somewhere that Lenny didn't qualify after a rough start in the shepparton cup

+ Reply to Thread