Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kiwi dingos

Hybrid View

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    I have always thought that here in NZ we should be a nursery. It stands to reason that we have lack of money to compete with Austrailia as a whole nor the population. The current powers to be couldn't care less if we have a harness race from Menagle, Forbury or a dog race from any number of tracks.
    I agree buster that our top kiwi trainers have to set up over the ditch. Good, sound business practice. I don't mind at all as from where I live its cheaper flying into Sydney and Melbourne than to Auckland!!
    As long as the best horses get to race each other and the prizemoney is good then I don't care who trains them or where they race. It's a pleasure to watch.

buster
    if you thought NZ was in a bad spot, how sick is qld and vic racing going to be now - every good horse and driver in the east will be sitting out on the flood plain at menangle

Junior Member Yearling kilcoyne will become famous soon enough kilcoyne's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter Cahill
    Occupation
    stablehand/
    Horses
    Diamond Supreme(Art Official x Covered S
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I have always thought that here in NZ we should be a nursery. It stands to reason that we have lack of money to compete with Austrailia as a whole nor the population. The current powers to be couldn't care less if we have a harness race from Menagle, Forbury or a dog race from any number of tracks.
    I agree buster that our top kiwi trainers have to set up over the ditch. Good, sound business practice. I don't mind at all as from where I live its cheaper flying into Sydney and Melbourne than to Auckland!!
    As long as the best horses get to race each other and the prizemoney is good then I don't care who trains them or where they race. It's a pleasure to watch.
    Adam Hamilton predicted that I top Kiwi Trainer is about to do just that on In the Gig last night. My prediction is that it will be Mark Purdon with Grant Payne taking over All Star Stables as a feeder stable.

+ Reply to Thread