+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2016 Inter Dominion

Hybrid View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I don't suppose you could sack your own son for Chris Alford
    Has Josh put a foot wrong on Hector? Really Kev??

Thank god they didn't kick Chris Lewis of Carclew
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHK6jBiDq6U

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post

Before this series he has. This series has just been a sit and steer job.
    If Lenny was out of the series 6 months ago no doubt Alford would have been asked for the drive on Hector.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Before this series he has. This series has just been a sit and steer job.
    If Lenny was out of the series 6 months ago no doubt Alford would have been asked for the drive on Hector.

We're talking about Josh's drives on Hector, condemned for the 2nd at Yarra Glen? Even Kev thought the odds were against him. What did you think of Chris's drive on Lenny last week? From this draw maybe Chris is thinking "phew TGIF I'm not on Hector".

All the best to all the competitors, hope it's a great, clean race, whoever is the victor.
    Last edited by arlington; 12-09-2016 at 10:47 AM.

aussiebreno
    We're talking about Josh's drives on Hector, condemned for the 2nd at Yarra Glen? Even Kev thought the odds were against him. What did you think of Chris's drive on Lenny last week? From this draw maybe Chris is thinking "phew TGIF I'm not on Hector".

All the best to all the competitors, hope it's a great, clean race, whoever is the victor.
    Johnathon Thurston, Gary Ablett, Andrew Johns, Wayne Carey, Chris Alford. Doesn't matter how good the other blokes are going you pick those 5 names first.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    ...you pick those 5 names first.
    But the owners didn't(?). The Inter Dom is exempt from loyalty, having faith in and living the dream?

From a betting perspective what odds Hector J Aiken v C Alford? Punting v value? Often amazes me how the less accomplished drivers get bagged, often for no good reason but "we" complain about short prices.

Not sure if C Alford didn't quote Herve Fillon somewhere recently. Something along the lines of "as drivers we get over acknowledged for the wins on great horses and bagged for the drives on poor horses".
    Still shaking my head at The Gauch getting dragged from El Segundo.

aussiebreno
    But the owners didn't(?). The Inter Dom is exempt from loyalty, having faith in and living the dream?

From a betting perspective what odds Hector J Aiken v C Alford? Punting v value? Often amazes me how the less accomplished drivers get bagged, often for no good reason but "we" complain about short prices.

Not sure if C Alford didn't quote Herve Fillon somewhere recently. Something along the lines of "as drivers we get over acknowledged for the wins on great horses and bagged for the drives on poor horses".
    Still shaking my head at The Gauch getting dragged from El Segundo.
    The owners put Gavin Lang on before Josh. If Chris wasn't tied up with Lenny he may have even got the look in before G Lang.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Not sure if C Alford didn't quote Herve Filion somewhere recently. Something along the lines of "as drivers we get over acknowledged for the wins on great horses and bagged for the drives on poor horses".
    Yes, I often think we humans try to give ourselves too much credit for our involvement. Good drivers need good trainers who need good horses to begin with

At the other end of the scale, we sometimes need to remind ourselves that we aren't Jesus Christ and can't work miracles and stop throwing good money after bad
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

I take your point Wayne and I would never have kicked MP off Prince of Penzance so if Josh has the same sort of relationship with Hector it is a no brainer, otherwise I just feel Chris has the runs on the board and a personna that says "Don't even think about it"
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread