Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
I was nearly going to title this topic as "Does Chris Alford Think He is God?". Last race at Hamilton trots today he has a horse back from a spell and although it has trialled extremely well, he gets involved in a speed duel having to go 25.9 for the first quarter to hold the lead. I'm not sure if his ego has got so big that he expects everyone to lay down in order for him to dictate to them but surely he knows the form of the other runners and traits of the other drivers that he should have know he was going to be pressured for the lead and therefore had a plan 'B'. If it were a Junior driver, he/she would be still sitting in the Stewards Room being grilled harder than a T Bone steak. Time will tell if he had a case to answer but bad decisions for a driver of his calibre are a bad look to most onlookers.
Oh please....
A whole lot more questions to be asked if he meekly hands up to the second fav and it boots away and brains them. Alford was entitled and all things considered I'd say expected to lead, Craven was entitled to challenge and then got a fortuitous trail when he couldn't lead, fav then copped a little more pressure in the run and was found wanting in the end, whilst Cravens horse with a second wind flew home, it happens. Cravens horses flying here on the day, and been going exceptionally well all month, probably only thing wrong here is by the last the Stewart and Craven runners should have been closer in the market.