Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Breed a Millionaire - Historical I'm Afraid

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

How to Breed a Millionaire - Historical I'm Afraid

Interesting article by Peter Wharton

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...n-dollar-list/

Unfortunately with Bettors Delight in the twilight of his career and Artsplace mares not getting any younger, it may not provide the answer

Interesting to note that the millionaire list includes 35 Australian-bred and 61 NZ bred pacers.
    He mentions a total of 10 NZ-bred trotters have earned more than $1 million (Australia 0?)

You can see why I think 'trotting' yearling prices may have got ahead of themselves
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Further evidence that trotters are not the way to breed a millionaire in Australia
    I was looking at the Top 20 lists (not 4mths into the season, I know) and there is only 1 trotting sire on the Top 20 sires' list. It is Majestic Son and his progeny has not quite earnt $1m for the season yet and he is 11th on the Sires list, the startling thing is that his progeny have won about 4 times as much as any other trotting sire at this point in the season

https://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/...692?d=11042022
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Interesting article by Peter Wharton

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...n-dollar-list/

Unfortunately with Bettors Delight in the twilight of his career and Artsplace mares not getting any younger, it may not provide the answer

Interesting to note that the millionaire list includes 35 Australian-bred and 61 NZ bred pacers.
    He mentions a total of 10 NZ-bred trotters have earned more than $1 million (Australia 0?)

You can see why I think 'trotting' yearling prices may have got ahead of themselves
    I have been thinking about how out of skew the 2 countries are and it would be interesting how many $A are in the NZer millionaires totals
    It cannot have done the Australian industry any good to have NZers like Allstars pillage our biggest races

Then there is all the horses we buy from them
    And yet we are told that their industry is struggling too
    Maybe they are selling too many to us and the USA to grow their racing product
    Maybe it is the Ozzie story repeated - what are punters betting on
    Sorry, starting to ramble
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread