Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
Attacks? You are kidding me. That is my frustrated comment about how the new broom is sweeping the industry.

Of course ***** ****** , as CEO, is just spreading the word on what the Board has decided. Tell me, TC, where the positives are - I cannot see any.

If cutting a premier race's stake money in half to maintain base stakes at levels they were some years ago then the industry is in real trouble.

And Kev, I am in the polar opposite direction geographically to where the CEO has taken his road shows. Not an option so I must trust what I read. And what I read in the media release is the old pea and thimble trick - except there is no pea!

And, TC, I only compared the man to the Prime Minister of Australia. I did not name a pig after him; don't know the man and understand he is just the hired gun. But if announcing the moving the Victoria Cup to October for half the stakes as if it is a positive is a big stretch. Might as well as shifted the Kilmore Cup back to its traditional date and left the Victoria Cup well alone.

Successive Boards in Victoria have taken great delight in ruining the history of the sport over the past three decades by chopping and changing the dates and status of races such as the Hunter Cup (remember the A G Hunter Memorial - all $25,000 of it?) and the Winfield / Vic Health / Victoria Cup. In the process, the sport has lost its following.
Attack or show your frustration with the policy.
Attack or show your frustration with the organisation.

You cannot attack individuals for the rights or wrongs as you feel fit of a policy or organisation.
Harnesslink is not going to get involved in issues of defamation. That is why there are rules to this forum to which you agreed to abide when you signed on.
Your comparison is clear for all to see within the substance of the post. Defamatory comments by insinuation or innuendo is still defamatory.
Like I say. Feel free to discuss, attack, or show your frustration re the ISSUE but leave the individuals out of it.

We have been down this path many times. (In fact it is so long ago I can't remember the last time. I should thank and congratulate members who have followed the rules through many sensible, mature debates.)