Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New sires

Hybrid View

Member Yearling papagayo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sturla Pettersen
    Quote Originally Posted by alphastud View Post
    Hi Sturla, this theory is probably against what most believe. Do you have an analysis or review that you can share that supports your theory?

Thanks
    My "theory" is based on the fact that there isn't a single thing to support the opposite. It is my (and I am not the only one) view based on the simple fact that nobody has provided anything to support anything else. ("What most believe" doesn't appeal to me )

There is nothing concrete (in science itself or any studies/analysis etc) which has proven - or even indicated - that the maternal family of a stallion plays a significant role (by "significant" I mean "statistically significant", i.e. measureably significant).

The strongest maternal family on the trotting side (which I refer to as it is what I am most familiar with) is undoubtedly the maternal family tracing back to Medio (which is the maternal family of horses such as Mack Lobell, the Hall brothers, Artsplace, Bret Hanover, Speedy Somolli, American Winner, Cambest, Victory Tilly, Wiggle It Jiggleit, Hannelore Hanover etc etc). There is nothing to suggest that stallions from this family produce better than stallions from other family. Some stallions from this family are great, some are good, some are average and some are weak. But there is nothing to suggest that if you have two relatively similar stallions, one from Medio's family and one from another family, the one from Medio's family on average will perform better at stud.
    Last edited by papagayo; 05-08-2018 at 01:52 PM. Reason: corrected grammar

+ Reply to Thread