Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seasons greetings everyone

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Seasons greetings everyone

Greeting to all:
    Cheers and thanks to our "regulators" and regular posters who share information, challenge our thinking and often keep us in touch with the great things about this sport. (and occasionally the disgraceful acts).

I really enjoy the interaction, and to those who contribute, THANK YOU.

By the way, coming verY soon to the Goldfields Library in Bendigo, an amazing aquisition.
    The Bendigo Library has purchased from John Peck, THE ANNALS OF TROTTING, BENDIGO AND DISTRICT 1855-1954.
    This is a searchable on line resource of over 320 PDF pages that John has compiled ( over 30 years work).
    It comprises the results of EVERY trotting match or race conducted in the Bendigo district before the opening of Lord's Raceway in 1954 from the very first at Myers Flat in 1855.

In addition, the library is looking to produce the resource in book form, and house it with the other precious records including rate books, petitions, Bendigo Advertiser microfiche, Annals of Bendigo and more in the Bendigo Area Resource Centre housed in the Bendigo Library.

You will be able to find early results and information of the local trotting pioneer families including :
    Allen, Hargreaves, Gath, Hunter, Glasheen, Daniel, White, Simons, Stevenson, Butterworth, McKay, Hando, Rothacker, Redwood, Rawiller, Guidice, Crowe, Lea, Matchett, Busst, Petherick, Long, White and even the Watts ( originally from Dunolly) and early wins of the legendary Bill Tompkinson ( from Rochester: later leading trainer/driver of New Zealand) among many.

Stay tuned!
    Cheers to all
    Noel
    Last edited by Adaptor; 12-24-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Cheers Noel, I wasn't into harness racing when I lived in Bendigo eons ago, more a wine buff. But once you leave that area and pick up on information over the years you realise that the history in harness racing is quite formidable. Not sure if I will be able to check that document out but I hope others do. I also worked with a couple of guys name Justice in that area (not Lance). I wonder if that name should be on that list or probably just a non racing family with a well known surname.

merry xmas

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    If you're into the Standardbreds to start with, Pat, you'll most likely end up a "wine buff"!

Merry Christmas to all.

+ Reply to Thread