Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IDEAS on how we can improve Harness Racing

Hybrid View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogga View Post
    Brilliant, get rid of the bloody things, and let the drivers race properly. Can only hope for the same in Oz.

I wish there was still a metro track. Imagine the pulling power with the current investment in marketing/media. One of the main reasons for it's slow death at the Valley in Vic, it was left to die. I attended the trots with my family every Saturday night (unless there was a wedding or something stopping me!) when it was at the Valley. Quick cab ride & away we went! I only go now if I've got a horse running. Maybe I love a beer too much but you can't get to a track easily using public transport or cab from the burbs.
    Stephen, you might have noticed the suggestion in post 15, that we should investigate the viability of returning to the Valley for a dozen metro Grass meets, with the other metro class meets split between the big country tracks.
    Not only would it cater for Melburnians, it would give the marketing/media something they could really sell
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Pogga will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    Tact Tate, We Meet Again, Jessies Girl,
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Stephen, you might have noticed the suggestion in post 15, that we should investigate the viability of returning to the Valley for a dozen metro Grass meets, with the other metro class meets split between the big country tracks.
    Not only would it cater for Melburnians, it would give the marketing/media something they could really sell
    Perfect Kevin! Just reinforcing your point mate

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogga View Post
    Perfect Kevin! Just reinforcing your point mate
    It is actually a proposal from Ray Chaplin of Equine Excellence - I just thought it was interesting that the two of you both thought of the Valley for its marketing potential (for the Inter too!)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread