The above Sportswriter colt was one of two lots that have Buyer listed as 'APG as agent' - does this anonymity remain until the colt is named?

I realize we are not really comparing apples with apples BUT the $92,500 is more than 3½ times the next highest Sportswriter colt (a small sample I know as there were only 5 others in the sale)

The same degree of wonderment could apply to the sales topping filly by Art Major, she fetched $160k (congrats Lauriston) which is nearly 4 times what the next highest Art Major filly fetched. There were 19 other Art Major fillies in the sale and even if the other Lauriston filly had reached her Reserve of $50k, the topper is still over 3 times that much

I am thinking that buyer Five Arrows (heard of it but I cannot remember who they are) is more than hoping to win the 2yo Final - for getting to it and winning it ($150k) would recoup their investment. The beauty of well bred fillies is that they may never even race but still start a breeding dynasty in the barn.