Hi all,
My name is Kylie and I am looking for anyone who knew Cass Haese, the WA pacing trainer. She was my Grandmother, and although I spent my child hood at the trots and on her farm, I never bothered to take note of her work and achievements. I am interested in finding out how the trotting world perceived her, her noteworthy achievements as a trainer/breeder/owner. Anything of particular interest surrounding her career. I know very little, and because her and my grandfather have both passed away it is difficult for me to find any information about this.

Was she considered successful? Did she train any horses that broke records or does she hold any records to this day? Was she respected? Was she inspirational? Are female trainers rare? And if so, what made her break into a male dominated field do you think?

Thanks in advance, any piece of information small or detailed or will be greatly appreciated. I feel like the horse/trotting world was not known by us, her family, and it is a huge part of her and her life that is missing without knowing it about her.

Kind regards,
Kylie