This is an excerpt from an article in NZ Herald in June 2018 about Lazarus......so I find it interesting that he has made the statement he did in the above article on their webpage??

But one text on Saturday morning, as he was preparing for his six-win domination at the Harness Jewels at Cambridge, brought a wry smile to Purdon's face.

It was from North American trainer Jimmy Takter, the new trainer of Purdon's champion pacer Lazarus.

Takter is a harness racing legend. His horses have won more than US$120 million. He wanted to chat to Purdon.

"Jimmy texted saying he had got my number off somebody and he wanted me to know that Laz has arrived safe and sound and looked great," said Purdon.

"And then he asked me if we could talk sometimes because he had some questions about Laz.

"I was stoked to get the text and am looking forward to talking to him because he is obviously one of the leading trainers in the world and I am really hoping Laz will do a great job up there so I am happy to help," said Purdon yesterday.

"To be honest, if Laz was going really well and was set for a decent race or two in September, I'd love to go up there and watch him race and even ask Jimmy if I could spend some time at his stables.

"I think that would be a really good experience."