Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Industry Indicators - Good, Bad & Ugly

Hybrid View

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Not being a local but how does traffic affect numbers at Cranbourne & Warragul? Example like from the west of Melbourne travelling across town. I'm guessing weekdays would be a hassle.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Yes. Trainers out here may also allow 3 hrs to make a 90 min trip to Melton.

I believe we need to work towards a weekly race meet between YV, Cran and Wgl in five years. People will scoff but the current trend indicates it will be pretty grim in five years without something like this.

Plenty of spare boxes at Cranbourne but hobbyists have to relocate their job, house, family etc which is hard and those wanting to earn an income from the game need a weekly event within easy travel time as you can get at Melton to make the move viable.

Need to reduce the depend on visitors to the region like Shep and Mildura with more participants on the ground locally, in my humble opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by thepacingman View Post
    Not being a local but how does traffic affect numbers at Cranbourne & Warragul? Example like from the west of Melbourne travelling across town. I'm guessing weekdays would be a hassle.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Welcome to WA where tracks are far spread out and country trainers have to drive hours to all meetings. The closest to our place is 30mins (besides Busselton which is a 650m track). Next is Pinjarra a minimum of 1.5hrs and then GP which is 2.75. Dad makes the 2 GP meetings and 1 PJ meeting most weeks when GP replaces BY. That's 12.5 hours of driving a week. Less meets at Bunbury is really hurting smaller country trainers

+ Reply to Thread