Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auckland Reactor wins the Avon City Ford Cup

Flashing Red

Auckland Reactor wins the Avon City Ford Cup

From Smiling Shard and Bettor's Strike. I haven't seen the race (was on the way home from feeding my own gigi's!!) but from what I heard he stepped away well.

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    I missed it too, but only because I'm an idiot and forgot.

Video is here: http://racevideo.hrnz.co.nz/Videos/2...03206-0256.wmv
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    What a performance! Mark Purdon is a genius. Am a huge fan of Auckland Reactor but he has a terrible record in standing starts but here started like a rocket. Passed half the field in the first 200 metres!

On the turn caught up behind a wall of horses and I was conceding that a 5th place would be a great effort , switched to the outside and flew to the line to will brilliantly.

That was the REAL Auckland Reactor. All class!

Member Yearling Shannon will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Shannon Lee
    If he can relax like that he will take all sorts of beating in any race. Would be good if he can win the cup to silence his critic's. The monkey apperntly privately time 2.53 last 2400. Should be in for some awesome racing

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    It was great to see Mark Purdon get A.R away safely but the biggest suprise for me was how relaxed he was in the run. I hope Smoken Up heads accross for the cup as it will make it one exciting race.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    I wonder where our friend Triple VVV/Neville Bartos/Boutros Boutros is? He is one of AR's biggest critics. Refers to him as the Chernobyl reactor....

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    I wonder where our friend Triple VVV/Neville Bartos/Boutros Boutros is? He is one of AR's biggest critics. Refers to him as the Chernobyl reactor....
    That won't do him any favours on getting back to the forum!

When he was a 3yo I too was sceptical of the horse (moreso the hype that imo over-rated him). Then everyone dropped off him whilst he was in America and since he's come back I quite like him because the hype has died down!

Mightymo I know your username from a certain NZ based racing forum...was VVV moniker Canny by any chance?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Ithink he might be barred again Mo
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    moniker Canny by any chance?
    I always liked that poster. Will happily stand to be corrected.... I think VVV's race reading skills on here are superior that that of Canny on the other forum, I don't think they would be the same person...

+ Reply to Thread