+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: De Lovely

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Super impressive (once again) at workouts today. Sat at back of field, last into straight, won by 3 lengths going away. Final quarter for workout 27.9 so she would have reeled off a 26 or even 25.something. Overall they went 2-47.9 so weren't idling on the journey.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    thanks for the update Eljay - she is certainly going to be hard to beat wherever they take her

hope it is ChCh

Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Neil
    Just wondering if you have herd anything on Auckland Reactor ?
    maybe could check out the Mark Purdon website - I'll look it up and get back to you

Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    maybe could check out the Mark Purdon website - I'll look it up and get back to you
    HOPPLES GO ON AUCKLAND REACTOR
    AUCKLAND REACTOR ran one of the slowest 800m of his career on Friday morning and driver Blair Orange couldn't have been happier. That was because it was only the third time he had had the hopples on since he returned from the US of A intent on a new career which ended up being just a race career in the meantime.

"He ran 3200m in about 5:10 and ran his last 800m in 1:15 but he is doing well. He is looking a lot better too'' Blair said after the champ worked away handily on his own in his usual relaxed style.

"He was a bit light on I thought when he first got here but he has done well and he seems on target''

Auckland Reactor is aimed at the Auckland Cup and the Interdominions next March but Blair says he will do another six weeks at home before stepping out in public. One of the more impressive aspects of his kickstarted career is that he is the same sensible relaxed stallion he has always been, waiting patiently to be worked. No pawing concrete and other signs of impatience from the Rolleston Rocket. He saves the fireworks for the track.

Junior Member Weanling Mardy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Mental Health Worker
    Thanks for the update on the Reactor Neil..no doubt once he knows it's GO time..he will switch into the good horse we know that he is.

Also nice to get a 2nd on the board with our girl earlier today Neil..interestingly that's boosted her up into 12th on the Jewels board.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Neil
    Thanks for the update it's very much appreciated.

Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardy View Post
    Thanks for the update on the Reactor Neil..no doubt once he knows it's GO time..he will switch into the good horse we know that he is.

Also nice to get a 2nd on the board with our girl earlier today Neil..interestingly that's boosted her up into 12th on the Jewels board.
    Was very pleased too Mardy - obviously people don't usually cheer in the Dinsdale TAB as they looked at me funny. I wouldn't be planning on a Jewels run with her - she would have to win the Oaks to get there and Kylie Ree a very nice horse.

Junior Member Weanling Mardy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Mental Health Worker
    Nothing wrong with a bit of cheering Neil.Interesting to see that she galloped for a couple of strides,but i put that down to the fact that the starter held them for so long,and she was standing as still a baby lamb..so that was good to see.Yea i'm not getting to carried away on the Jewels with her,just interesting watching her progress on the ladder....and yes as you say,Kylie Ree is very handy.

Flashing Red
    Where would De Lovely fit in against Make Mine Cullen and Ima Spicey Lombo?

Let's not forget Fleur de Lil is back in Australia now too...

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I consider Make Mine Cullen a great mare with the runs on the board De Lovely was a great 3yo filly with enormous potential but still has to prove herself versus grand circuit horses Make Mine Cullen has already done this, Ima Spicey Lombo is probably a couple of lengths inferior all things being even.

+ Reply to Thread