Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: novice needs help

Junior Member Foal paul whitfield will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    paul whitfield

novice needs help

my 18 month trotter has started 2 skip a bit how can i stop this and keep him square please help

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    He's probably speedy cutting get someone who can shoe to have a look at him and balance him properly
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    paul whitfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    He's probably speedy cutting get someone who can shoe to have a look at him and balance him properly
    hi greg dont know what u meen by speedy cutting i jog him on the road he iz out ov the royal dough boy to a coulord track mare he allways weres iz back shoes first and as lots left on the front how many trotters u got greg

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by paul whitfield View Post
    hi greg dont know what u meen by speedy cutting i jog him on the road he iz out ov the royal dough boy to a coulord track mare he allways weres iz back shoes first and as lots left on the front how many trotters u got greg
    Paul, could you translate this. I am too old to start learning a new language :-)

Banned Weanling Dust will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Phil Johnson
    Speedy cutting is what you do to your lawn when your rushing.

Real Name
    paul whitfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Speedy cutting is what you do to your lawn when your rushing.
    im new to the sport and was asking for help not to be made fun ov i will get there with out the likes ov u

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Not sure that I totally understand the cause of the problem, but my suggestions would be to have a good farrier come and look at the shoeing and given the age of the horse perhaps back off a little in the speed so that he travels smooth for a while as it may be growth associated and the horse needs a little time to adjust to some body changes. With trotters in general, they need to be going balanced before asking for any speed and these requests for speed need to be very small.

Real Name
    paul whitfield
    thanks phil im going to turn him out for 6 months now so he can grow and be a horse for a bit its just turning autum here in nothern england so i bring im bk in in the spring ive seen them trotting hobbles are they any goodf

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Speedy Cutting

When horses strike the inner side of the knee, or parts immediately below or above it, with the foot of the opposite leg, they are said to "speedy cut".

More here: http://chestofbooks.com/animals/hors...y-Cutting.html
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

+ Reply to Thread