Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stewards News 2

Hybrid View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Drives like that of Rodney Petroff on Segesta in R3 at Kilmore need a big fine so that they know they have to fill their allocated barrier position, not choose where they want to go
    He drew 7 but had no intention of filling that spot and was already angling for the SR2 position

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#KIC13052009
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mytwobobsworth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Cross
    Highlight of that replay for me was the work of Brad Chisholm when out of contention to help control the driverless horse and prevent any possible injuries or further drama.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Drives like that of Rodney Petroff on Segesta in R3 at Kilmore need a big fine so that they know they have to fill their allocated barrier position, not choose where they want to go
    He drew 7 but had no intention of filling that spot and was already angling for the SR2 position

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#KIC13052009
    With only 8 starters atm and no back row runners horses being out of position at the start has become very common .
    It is very common to see the horses drawn 1 and 2 hold back from the mobile and hit the gate at top speed to gain a fast start. They are only in position right at the start point. They only penalty seems to be a warning for OPS.
    For integrity reasons this needs to be stamped out. If horses are not in position about 30m before the start, the start should be aborted and large fines placed on drivers. Under the current rules they should be false starts but the starters are ignoring the rules. Most likely due to pressure from Sky Racing to have races start on time.

I believe integrity (Fair starts) are more important for the industry.
    Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Yes my horses suffered due to it so there are some sour grapes involved. Watch race 5.
    https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=BA060520
    Last edited by gutwagon; 05-14-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    Don't die wondering !

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    With only 8 starters atm and no back row runners horses being out of position at the start has become very common .
    It is very common to see the horses drawn 1 and 2 hold back from the mobile and hit the gate at top speed to gain a fast start. They are only in position right at the start point. They only penalty seems to be a warning for OPS.
    For integrity reasons this needs to be stamped out. If horses are not in position about 30m before the start, the start should be aborted and large fines placed on drivers. Under the current rules they should be false starts but the starters are ignoring the rules. Most likely due to pressure from Sky Racing to have races start on time.

I believe integrity (Fair starts) are more important for the industry.
    Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Yes my horses suffered due to it so there are some sour grapes involved. Watch race 5.
    https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=BA060520
    I endorse this post.

Haven't watched video but its not sour grapes at all - rules are clearly being broken and having an affect on the race and other horses chances. Its downright cheating and the penalties are nowhere near severe enough.

+ Reply to Thread