I don't think Saturday mornings are meant to replace Sat night metro racing. Will be additional to, if Sat mornings are successful they'll continue after covid with metro racing resuming Saturday nights.
Would be looking to tap into New Zealand as well when they're racing again.
My interpretation of the press release, "HRV will look to program Saturday morning …" is the VRI and TABCORP have granted from this Saturday but doesn't mean HRV will run one this Saturday. The only meeting programmed is still a night meeting on the 18th.
The greyhounds have been running Saturday mornings for, maybe two or three years and I think they might be tier three, lower prize money, mainly heats. It wouldn't surprise if that's what HRV could be looking at, $4500 races for starters. Just like the first morning meeting last week.
Digressing, I know the 5 day working week has changed a lot but if we did have Saturday non metro as well as Sundays we might get younger people taking up the sport. Could race your horse weekly without taking a day from your annual leave or dropping a day's pay.