+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoken up

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson

Smoken up

Disqualified from inter.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    Justice has been done

aussiebreno
    Good timing from my point of view. Will get washed away in the media with the Melb Cup being so prominent.

triplev123
    To get dumped from such a race for DMSO is ridiculous IMO, and further to that it goes directly to the greater pressing need for establishing thresholds for therapeutics etc here in Oz but...we move on. Genuinely sorry to hear that news Lance. In this day & age that is crazy.
    Last edited by triplev123; 11-01-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added a bit

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Any word on the penalty for the trainer yet ?
    Don't die wondering !

triplev123

In shocking news just to hand...

....Lance has been sentenced to have dinner with Mick Guerin every Friday night for 12 months after which he must stand in the bar at Addington & read aloud from the collected works of Frank Marrion's Breeding Columns in the NZHRW.

Have the JCA no mercy in their hearts?

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    ....Lance has been sentenced to have dinner with Mick Guerin every Friday night for 12 months after which he must stand in the bar at Addington & read aloud from the collected works of Frank Marrion's Breeding Columns in the NZHRW.

Have the JCA no mercy in their hearts?
    As someone who has uploaded a fair amount of those columns to Harnesslink, the JCA have gone too far this time.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

triplev123
    The JCA should be disbanded. It is a JOKE. What I cannot understand is the inconsistent nature of their rulings.
    How can they, on one hand, give someone a fine for Clenbuterol, a performance enhancing beta-2 agonist...and then see to it that another loses an ID Final for something as pedestrian and IMO non-performance enhancing as DMSO, a polar aprotic solvent?
    Surely if nothing else then common sense dictates that it should have been the other way around and I'm pretty sure anyone who knows anything about those substances would agree with me.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    How can they, on one hand, give someone a fine for Clenbuterol, a performance enhancing beta-2 agonist...and then see to it that another loses an ID Final for something as pedestrian and IMO non-performance enhancing as DMSO, a polar aprotic solvent?
    Surely if nothing else then common sense dictates that it should have been the other way around and I'm pretty sure anyone who knows anything about those substances would agree with me.
    Yes. And I've used both substances on a near daily basis in a racing jurisdiction where it was allowed.

triplev123
    You know where the NZ/JCA precedent to this lies Tahn?
    The one where G. Rogerson lost a Harness Jewels Final there a few years back. I can't remember the name of the horse nor the year but I am almost certain it also got a DMSO overage and duly lost the race.
    Apparently upholding that ridiculous precedent with a similarly ridiculous finding is more important than a factual, level-headed assessment of the actual performance enhancing capabilities of the substance that is involved...with an outcome that is calibrated accordingly.
    The fact that Rogerson and now Lance Justice have both lost major races as a result of DMSO positives whilst other trainers have simply been fined for substances that are actual/demonstrated/well & truly documented performance enhancers....well, it is nothing short of A-B-S-U-R-D.
    If faced with something similar one would hope that the various regulatory persons here in Australia wouldn't make the same 'punishment not exactly befitting the crime' mistakes that the JCA does. The Law, in this instance, is most definitely an Ass.
    Last edited by triplev123; 11-02-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: the usual...bad spelling

+ Reply to Thread