Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smoken Up and Im Themightyquinn accept Miracle Mile invitations

Hybrid View

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I too would love to see Terror To Love in there however simply to say because he won the NZ Cup he should be there is rubbish. Smokin Up is a obvious choice he has ran the fastest mile down our way, he has proved time and time again he's a champion. Terror To Love has raced over the sprint distance about 4-5 times and won once in about a 58 mile rate.
    Yes in a perfect world all the above horses would be in and what a race it would be but it is a invitation race and if there is no invitation coming your way then so be it. For 20 years I waited for a invitation to join the All Blacks - it never arrived. As Paul Court said, "I am gutted".

Wow, an unbiased NZ'er, now I've seen everything! Could not agree with your comments more Ray. Yes Terror to Love beat Smoken Up in the NZ Cup, but the NZ cup is a full field of runners over 3200 metres in comparison to the 8 starters and 1609 metres of the Miracle Mile, they're chalk and cheese. Smoken Up is the defending Miracle Mile champion, and is the only horse to break a 1.50 mile in winning in the southern hemisphere. For anyone to think Terror To Love deserved a invite over Smoken up has no idea.

At the end of the day I don't really see the big deal here. Terror To Love will race in the Cordina Sprint on Saturday night, if he wins, he gets an invite into the mile, if he runs a place, he will be considered for an invite, and if he misses a place it'll prove Dumesney and the rest of the NSWHRC board correct in not issuing him an invite in the first place.
    Last edited by The Rainmaker; 11-15-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
    if he wins, he gets an invite into the mile, if he runs a place, he will be considered for an invite, and if he misses a place it'll prove Dumesney and the rest of the NSWHRC board correct in not issuing him an invite in the first place.
    You're right Eric. I don't think that NSWHRC can lose , no matter how TTL runs in the Cordina Sprint. BTW , I hope he wins or if not , is invited anyway :-) He is real class.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Wow, an unbiased NZ'er, now I've seen everything! Could not agree with your comments more Ray. Yes Terror to Love beat Smoken Up in the NZ Cup, but the NZ cup is a full field of runners over 3200 metres in comparison to the 8 starters and 1609 metres of the Miracle Mile, they're chalk and cheese. Smoken Up is the defending Miracle Mile champion, and is the only horse to break a 1.50 mile in winning in the southern hemisphere. For anyone to think Terror To Love deserved a invite over Smoken up has no idea.

At the end of the day I don't really see the big deal here. Terror To Love will race in the Cordina Sprint on Saturday night, if he wins, he gets an invite into the mile, if he runs a place, he will be considered for an invite, and if he misses a place it'll prove Dumesney and the rest of the NSWHRC board correct in not issuing him an invite in the first place.
    What? You've totally contradicted yourself there. Smoken Up has ran 2nd s and a 3rd at his last three attempts at the NZ Cup and is the fastest horse in the Southern Hemishere. How is that chalk and cheese? Both TTL and SU should have immediately received an invite after the NZ Cup. It would be a travisty if TTL loses on Sturday night and misses a start in the Miracle Mile. What will NSWHRC do then?

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    What? You've totally contradicted yourself there. Smoken Up has ran 2nd s and a 3rd at his last three attempts at the NZ Cup and is the fastest horse in the Southern Hemishere. How is that chalk and cheese? Both TTL and SU should have immediately received an invite after the NZ Cup. It would be a travisty if TTL loses on Sturday night and misses a start in the Miracle Mile. What will NSWHRC do then?

I dont see how I have contradicted myself at all. A 3200m standing start race to a 1609m mobile race is chalk and cheese is anyones language. Smoken Up is brilliant enough and adaptable enough to be competitive in the top class over both starts types and distances, his record shows that. However Terror To Love's records show he has only won the one race over a mile, and all his recent form is over standing start races over 2400m +, so why should that constitute an automatic invite for the Miracle Mile? They don't give an invite to the Melbourne Cup winner in the thoroughbred world to compete in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong sprint.

I hope he is as good over the mile as you think he may be because the Miracle Mile could do with an X factor and a NZ representative for some more excitment, but I can hardly see how it would be a travesty if he missed a place in the Cordina sprint on Saturday and failed to gain an invite. If the horse cant place against that field on Saturday night in the Cordina sprint then how the hell can it win the Miracle Mile against a stronger field the following week?

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    I dont see how I have contradicted myself at all. A 3200m standing start race to a 1609m mobile race is chalk and cheese is anyones language. Smoken Up is brilliant enough and adaptable enough to be competitive in the top class over both starts types and distances, his record shows that. However Terror To Love's records show he has only won the one race over a mile, and all his recent form is over standing start races over 2400m +, so why should that constitute an automatic invite for the Miracle Mile? They don't give an invite to the Melbourne Cup winner in the thoroughbred world to compete in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong sprint.

I hope he is as good over the mile as you think he may be because the Miracle Mile could do with an X factor and a NZ representative for some more excitment, but I can hardly see how it would be a travesty if he missed a place in the Cordina sprint on Saturday and failed to gain an invite. If the horse cant place against that field on Saturday night in the Cordina sprint then how the hell can it win the Miracle Mile against a stronger field the following week?
    Of course a 3200m standing start is different to a 1609m mobile! But the same horses run in these 2 types of races, unlike the thoroughbreds. And yes, he should give a good account of himself on Saturday night, if not win it. But what if he gets skittled. Does NSWHRC make hippocrites of themselves and put him in anyway?
    Last edited by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild; 11-15-2011 at 11:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread