Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Australia

Hybrid View

Senior Member Colt Jasper will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    It is the old trots WA twitter site. They do pre and some post race interviews (links to stories and podcasts). I am not sure who administers the account but it is pretty a good resource. Some of the drivers are a bit generic but others can be quite funny (Chris Voak springs to mind). Matt Young will sometimes does the interviews and then run up and call the race. They pretty much have pre race interviews for most country meetings, either individually or when the drivers are in the parade rings. I have only got into to this sort of thing recently so others may be able to provide a more accurate summation.

Trots WA has a Facebook site but that isn’t as immediate.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know it is a long way but you would think money like this might attract a Vic mare
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    The Norms Daughter a fortnight ago for $100K as well so GP give themselves every chance to get an interstate mare with double the big races for mares but maybe they need to push it back a bit so it doesn't clash with Queen of the Pacific and more closely aligns to the Golden Nugget.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The 2536m probably has more appeal not only for the money. In the Norms Daughter, if you draw badly and are out the back, you have no chance. The extra 406m tonight gives a poorly drawn mare a bit more hope but yes, if your operation can afford someone to be away for a fortnight, there is the potential double

'Norms' place-getters could do it again tonight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Interesting to see in last night's edition that despite it being 2536m, the $81 pop in the death would not give it up with over 2 laps to run - I guess it is his right but it then determines that the race is going to be a procession for the next lap. (He did get a QDT)
    PP critical of Young on the favourite running along and getting beat by the one on his back

His point about team driving in the last is hard to disagree with
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-25-2023 at 10:10 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    I would be thinking they stitched up the fave in the last race but he is going to have a good defence given how he drove it to its last start win. I probably couldnt convict him of team driving based on how he drove it last week (without betting/phone evidence etc) but would still give him time for not giving horse every chance.

Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    Would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall when the horse returned to the stall ie if the owners attended. Another “not a good look for the sport” moment at GP.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The replay runs for a long time and I think you see some chatter from Shannon directed towards Maddison and looking around for Dylan
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    Apart from that race it was a good night of racing. The weather was perfect and we got to see My Ultimate Ronnie for the first time between races. He was on the rail but seemed to get around the track ok.

Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    Four horse FFA field this Friday at GP. I suspect if it wasn’t the Pat Cranley Memorial the race wouldn’t have gone ahead. The FFA races have been pretty average this year overall (same horses, best barrier wins, numerous small fields).

Maybe the issue is that some FFA horses are being given a break re The Nullarbor and Fremantle Cup in April. Whatever the reason is I hope this week’s race isn’t an example of what to expect in the next month or two.

+ Reply to Thread