+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Lance

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    The only person who believed Lance was Lance himself, he takes the fame when it wins and runs away from blame when it comes to light the horse is juiced up.your the trainer its your responsibility to take the horse to the races knowing what condition its in.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by ringman View Post
    The only person who believed Lance was Lance himself, he takes the fame when it wins and runs away from blame when it comes to light the horse is juiced up.your the trainer its your responsibility to take the horse to the races knowing what condition its in.
    Now that's sound reasoning, do you apply that same small minded logic for any results whilst Lance is laying in hospital waiting for his operation. Surely you are man enough to listen to all the evidence available in each trainers defence before you "take aim" at anyone.

Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Now that's sound reasoning, do you apply that same small minded logic for any results whilst Lance is laying in hospital waiting for his operation. Surely you are man enough to listen to all the evidence available in each trainers defence before you "take aim" at anyone.
    He will get over the fall its not life threatening,so do you mind if i have a opinion on here because i listened to his side of the story and dont fall for it.
    If his story is true then he is the person responsible to take the horse to the track in a clean state.
    I suppose you will believe Bennett,Fitzpatrick,and Sarina when they get lies from their legal team to cry out in court.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know I am being ghoulish but does anybody know of any footage of the fall?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by ringman View Post
    [VVV] Ringman, to refer to any horse returning a DMSO positive as having been 'juiced up' underlines a substantial lack of understanding of the subject. Anyone who has had any experience with it will tell you that it is NOT a performance enhancer and anyone with any grasp of its chemical structure would state the same. It never has been and it never will be a performance enhancer and it is absurd on your part to suggest otherwise.

Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    yeah correct i used the wrong word there but its against the rules and Lance must wear the blame.
    i will try to use the correct wording in future so i dont upset you

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    [VVV] Ringman, to refer to any horse returning a DMSO positive as having been 'juiced up' underlines a substantial lack of understanding of the subject. Anyone who has had any experience with it will tell you that it is NOT a performance enhancer and anyone with any grasp of its chemical structure would state the same. It never has been and it never will be a performance enhancer and it is absurd on your part to suggest otherwise.
    Jamie, not sure about your own grasp of the chemical struture of DMSO ( Dimenthyl Sulfoxide-- ( CH3 ) 2 SO. ) clinical tests have proven that at fairly high dosage rates it can have a significant effect on water retention, which can, obviously,have an effect on performance. However, having said that the amount found in Smokin' Up after the race was only slightly above the permissable threshold and in no way could have enhanced his performance even if it is ever proven that it was in his system during the race.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the point you were trying to make to Ringman, but DMNSO is banned for a reason.

Cheers,
    Dan

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    I know what would be good Dennis if you got more of the facts right in your original post.

Lets firstly deal with Darren Smith great bloke, great trainer, but has possibly the worst record in Australian Thoroughbred racing in relation to positive swabs arising from the misuse of therapeutic substances I think about 8 positive swabs, add to that a previous disqualification for Trenbolone implants back in 1999 and his penalty would be considered on the lighter side by many.

Gai Waterhouse great record in relation to positive swabs, unlike Harness all gallops winners are swabbed in NSW so in her case she has had thousands of swabs over the years with an all but impeccable record. Regardless stewards still fined her for her first offence, rest assured D Smith was also fined for his first offence and it was only about a year after he started training way back in the 1980's, seems pretty consistent to me.

I have no knowledge of the D Wilson case so as is my way, no knowledge, no comment.

In the D Thomas case his mother a registered stable hand was in charge of the horses after the races at Penrith and before Harold Park, it was proven Thomas did not return to the stables in that time. Mother was disqualified for 11 months not fined as you would have us believe. In your version D Thomas got nothing when despite the fact he was not at the stables at the relevant time and could prove the fact he still received a significant fine I think it was $10000.

There are many presidents for this type of penalty in Harness in NSW over many years it was not the first time it was done.

By all means have an opinion and voice it but if you are going to provide facts as part of that opinion at least provide ones that are accurate.

You are tying to compare Pineapples with apples and are ending up with Thorn apples.
    Once again I apologise for going so far back in a thread but as I was doing time I didn't get a chance to respond earlier. The first thing I would like to say is I regret naming people in my examples , as It probably looked like I was taking sides or trying to make it look like some where more guilty than others . This was certainly not my intention, I was just trying to highlight the different outcomes for similar offences . I know D Thomas and his mother and am well aware of the circumstances of the case involving them, and I totally agreed that due to the facts of the case they where probably hard done by. The point of my post was that D Wilson was probably less culpable but got a harsher penalty.
    In hindsight I agree that comparing D Smith with G Waterhouse was a poor comparison, but once again just trying to show how some people's story is believed and others not.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    I think what it does show is that what can appear to be similar cases on face value actually can have a very different set of facts that lead to the breach.

Having said that if part of your point is D Wilson appears to have been hardly done by ...on the face of it I tend to agree.

Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Jamie, not sure about your own grasp of the chemical struture of DMSO ( Dimenthyl Sulfoxide-- ( CH3 ) 2 SO. )
    Don't get me wrong, I understand the point you were trying to make to Ringman, but DMNSO is banned for a reason.

Cheers,
    Dan
    Its also a reliever for inflammation and arthritic conditions which makes it a performance enhancer but not according to the wizard on here

+ Reply to Thread