Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Auckland Reactor sets out on Inters mission

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    From website of ALL STAR STABLES
    STABLE NEWS

** The connections of AUCKLAND REACTOR will make the final decision about his trip to the Inter Dominions in Perth next month. Mark Purdon recommended at the weekend that the horse give the series a miss. "But I have left it up to the owners to decide. I have only told them what I think'' he said.
    Mark's recommendation was not so much because of what his Melbourne races took out of him but what was ahead of him in Perth. "He showed me in Melbourne he has really come right. He felt good and he put in right to the wire. While we have him like that I wouldn't like to see him go backward now. The racing in Perth won't really suit him and he will have several hard races close together. I think he would be better off staying at home this time'' said Mark before leaving Melbourne for Brisbane. He is back in Auckland on Thursday. Auckland Reactor flew back to Auckland this week.
    The owners of the horse have usually followed Mark's advice since his return to New Zealand but a number of his owners are Australian based and may still want to
    race in Perth.
    "That is fair enough'' Mark said. "but from my point of view it is not the best option for him at the moment.''
    Mark, who has major race committments across all grades here in the next few months, is unlikely to go to Perth even if the horse does.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Wasnt in Victoria last weekend but several friends who were have told me about how buddy- buddy Anthony Butt and John Curtin were at Melton. Now a photo of that is something I would pay to see. Common knowledge on this side of the Tasman that Mark didnt want to go to Perth but the connections did. Hence the Butt- Curtin meeting. Unless he has died in the meantime Auckland Reactor is definitely going to Perth. Anyone who was there get a photo of Butt-Curtin together. Due to there history, Im struggling to believe it happened.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I think JC should fly Kelvin Harrison in from NJ

and ask him to bring the Hyperbaric Chamber with him.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    STABLE NEWS

LATEST FOM ALL STAR STABLES WEBSITE

** The decision has been made that AUCKLAND REACTOR will go to the Inter Dominions at Perth next month. Mark Purdon recommended at the weekend that the horse give the series a miss. "But I have left it up to the owners to decide. I have only told them what I think'' he said.
    Mark's recommendation was not so much because of what his Melbourne races took out of him but what was ahead of him in Perth. "He showed me in Melbourne he has really come right. He felt good and he put in right to the wire. While we have him like that I wouldn't like to see him go backward now. The racing in Perth won't really suit him and he will have several hard races close together. I think he would be better off staying at home this time'' said Mark before leaving Melbourne for Brisbane. He is back in Auckland on Thursday. Auckland Reactor flew back to Auckland this week.
    The owners of the horse have usually followed Mark's advice since his return to New Zealand but a number of his owners are Australian based and may still want to
    race in Perth.
    "That is fair enough'' Mark said. "but from my point of view it is not the best option for him at the moment.''
    Mark, who has major race committments across all grades here in the next few months, is unlikely to go to Perth even if the horse does.

Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Wasnt in Victoria last weekend but several friends who were have told me about how buddy- buddy Anthony Butt and John Curtin were at Melton. Now a photo of that is something I would pay to see. Common knowledge on this side of the Tasman that Mark didnt want to go to Perth but the connections did. Hence the Butt- Curtin meeting. Unless he has died in the meantime Auckland Reactor is definitely going to Perth. Anyone who was there get a photo of Butt-Curtin together. Due to there history, Im struggling to believe it happened.
    In today's Christchurch Press reports Ants has been booked for Auckland Reactor drive as Mark has commitments at home preparing a big team for the Auckland Cup meeting.
    Mark MAY POSSIBLY go to Perth if both Raglan and Reactor make the final. Even then it is only a maybe.

Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Auckland Reactor has returned to New Zealand today but will go to Perth next weekend from NZ....strange but true
    It was reported in the Christchurch Press today that he has been suffering from the heat in Melbourne. (as he did in America). Mark's main concern has been if that is so then what he will be up against in Perth. He has undergone numerous blood tests to ensure he is okay to go to Perth.

Junior Member Foal Joy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Marie Ross
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    Lady Joy
    Very offensive and not one bit funny

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Thought he'd be out from under that rock. Tosser!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Totally agree Leigh. Saw the post earlier this morning before it rightly got removed.Typical of the constant negative attitude. From the posts on the other thread surprised he made no mention of Mr Feelgood given that Auckland Reactor beat him home

Member Gelding Lenem will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lenny Bagle
    I should have known there would have been an excuse for yet another dismal performance !
    “He got beaten a whisker in the Hunter Cup when he was second-up since October and his form during the Inter Dominion was great, obviously he wasn't right in the final.

“His white-cell count was all out of whack which was most unfortunate, he was a different horse in the final compared to his heat form but at least we know what the problem is and that will be sorted.”
    Last edited by teecee; 03-13-2012 at 01:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread