Quote Originally Posted by hillbillydeluxe View Post
Where there is money there is corruption, there needs to be an independant board to govern Harness Racing, an integrity squad. I got out of the game in the 90's after watching horses sit 3 wide the journey and running time in winning, you guessed it, assisted. catch all the cheats as I want to enter the game that I missed. penalties need to be harsh. a positive doesn't stop the guilty from punting either which makes for a good holiday if caught.
They had a separate board called the GHRRA to deal with integrity matters in both Harness and Greyhounds and no one wanted them, personally I think they did a much better job than they are credited with in many ways.

Having said that the board and executive of HRNSW have done a great job in very difficult circumstances. In the past 12 months they have uncovered widespread corruption and are leaving no stone unturned in their efforts to deal with it correctly, despite most wanting blood in the first weeks of the investigation.

Broncobrad put it best we need to be patient and let justice take its course no matter how slow it seems, in the end we want them caught and punished .... not winning at appeal on a loophole.

To Sam and the boys keep up the excellent work.