Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vic Derby Heats

Hybrid View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Quite bad IMO, probably should get a holiday for "lack of judgement" for that one, right on with the look for cover Mango!
    G Campbell...4 Weeks...

Member Yearling M.John will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Grant Campbell should give up. Scandalman a nice little run tho. The kiwi who won the first heat is the one to beat for mine, would have needed the run and looked to have a bit in reserve.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Also disappointing to see Brad Bishop's article on the Harness website refer to Major Post and Chris Robinson as QLDers. Chris hails from the most famous harness racing family in NSW... Rookie error!

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Also disappointing to see Brad Bishop's article on the Harness website refer to Major Post and Chris Robinson as QLDers. Chris hails from the most famous harness racing family in NSW... Rookie error!
    The Turnbull's might disagree

mark diegutis
    Thanks Mitch . Absolutely no offence taken . Hope Gamechanger can get back to the track and show us his best . He was a thrilling horse to watch and the depth of 3YO talent this year is unbeleivable . Thanks for your well wishes . He will be doing his utmost .

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Surely in that 4 weeks G Campbell can watch the replay a couple of time's and try and work out what he was thinking or what he should of been thinking.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Surely in that 4 weeks G Campbell can watch the replay a couple of time's and try and work out what he was thinking or what he should of been thinking.
    Grant Campbell is a way better driver than that. No idea what he was thinking, unless he was under instructions. But he did cop his right whack.

Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Surprised at the lack of discussion on here with this being such a quality race.... Here is how I see it:

Scandalman to find the front with a strong tempo in play. Emperor Montana outside the leader initially with Philadelphia Man leaders back and Charlie 1:1. Restrepo will go forward early and end up outside the leader for the last lap, maybe lap and a half. Uncle Lile will lead up the 3 wide group with Waldenburg trailing, after going back early, with Major Post then on his back. Ideal Scott will be 3 fence and driven for luck in running.

If Restrepo is as good as everyone thinks he is, he will give a kick at the top of the straight and win. The placings will be filled by the fast finishing Waldenbyrg and Major Post.

I'm going to say that I don't think he is good enough to do that and will tip Waldenburg to finish strongly over the top of them to win from Major Post with Mr Nickel and Ideal Scott finishing fast in a battle for 3rd. Close up Restrepo, Scandalman and Charlie Machsheen.

Going to be a great race regardless of who wins!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Surprised at the lack of discussion on here with this being such a quality race.... Here is how I see it:

Scandalman to find the front with a strong tempo in play. Emperor Montana outside the leader initially with Philadelphia Man leaders back and Charlie 1:1. Restrepo will go forward early and end up outside the leader for the last lap, maybe lap and a half. Uncle Lile will lead up the 3 wide group with Waldenburg trailing, after going back early, with Major Post then on his back. Ideal Scott will be 3 fence and driven for luck in running.

If Restrepo is as good as everyone thinks he is, he will give a kick at the top of the straight and win. The placings will be filled by the fast finishing Waldenbyrg and Major Post.

I'm going to say that I don't think he is good enough to do that and will tip Waldenburg to finish strongly over the top of them to win from Major Post with Mr Nickel and Ideal Scott finishing fast in a battle for 3rd. Close up Restrepo, Scandalman and Charlie Machsheen.

Going to be a great race regardless of who wins!
    Hey Mitch, you've analysed the Derby pretty well, but to be honest I have been overexposed to over analysis on this site over the last few days...and I guess a few of the regular contributors feel a bit like me. That said, I am strapped in for what should be a mouthwatering night of action. Going for Waldenburg too only because that Mark Diegutis really sounds like a decent bloke and I would love to see it storm home for him.

I Didnt Do It might hang on for me this time after just getting caught last week, Auckland Reactor to keep on improving and to round off the night with Trigger doing the business. I don't know what to do with Lilac Stride at Menangle. Cheers to all.

Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Well done Mark, Waldenburg ran a super race all things considered. Didn't have much luck over the last mile.

Huge win Scandalman, he loves rolling out in front! Restrepo disappointing, Ideal Scott good, Major Post honest just over raced early.

Great season of 3yo racing ahead, hopefully Gamechanger can get over his issues and get involved also.

+ Reply to Thread