Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th

False Positives...

I watched and listened to the Reid Sanders interview on Trots TV, It was the part where he said " like the Police and RBT, anytime anywhere" (or words to that effect) and i was reminded via the TV shows RBT about how many False Positives to all sorts of things come up on their "roadside drug tests". So I googled "is it possible to get a false positive to boldenone ?" The answer Yes. Granted the 1st site http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...3293891&page=1 - is about body building but yes there are supplements that contain ADT (androsta-1,4,6-triene-3,17-dione) which can give a false positive to Boldenone.
    and :"The subject submitted a sample that was clear of any banned substances. After taking ATD for 2 weeks, the subject resubmitted a urine sample. This time, the sample came back positive for metabolites of the anabolic steroid boldenone (1,4-androstadiene-3-one,17b-ol). (The metabolites were 5beta-androst-1-en-17beta-ol-3-one and 5beta-androst-1-en-3beta-ol-17-one)" from http://anabolicminds.com/forum/stero...tive-drug.html
    Now both LM and BL are world class trainers. I'm not. One thing i do know is i used supplements and "treated" within the boundaries of the rules, so i would assume that these guys do as well.
    So is it possible for these to be False Positives based on both horses being stallions? I would now have to answer yes, possible.
    Does this mean im changing my opinion? yep means im going back to my spot on the fence to wait for the result of the enquiry.
    Also like i wrote earlier - need to read everything. Am taking my own advice.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    What does he need to produce images of.
    He says they should get their heads out....... making a suggestion
    He does not say they have their heads in......they are in a pose..
    to suggest an actioneven inappropriate to the event is not the same as stating a "Fact" without concrete evidence to back up the claim.
    Consideration of his view in this case because he is a moderator is not relevant.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    You should be posting what is the public record...i.e. your source official article.
    Please read and follow the forum rules as outlined on the Australian Harness Forum Home page.
    If you are not able to supply a source within your post it will be regarded as not official but another case of innuendo. Then deleted.
    Posting your source is a good idea as that means Mods do not have to have encyclopedic knowledge of everything that is on the record

BUT if you are referring to the Sticky that outlines forum rules, there is no such instruction only:

"You may discuss any publicly available information from reputable sources. These include but aren't limited to: Press releases put out by HRNSW (or other state organisations), news posted by HR Australia, or Harnesslink etc."

Why is it that this forum does not Identify its Mods - with everybody having to be up front on their ID, it seems strange that there is not a MODERATOR label under the names of all those who are enforcing the rules. When I first read what I have quoted from teecee, I thought this poster must be delusional expecting academic essays
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Originally Posted by broncobrad
    BOOM Another positive swab for boldenone, this time Karloo Kix

Quote Originally Posted by bbd View Post
    Watch out Brad!

I posted this about an hour ago and they deleted it!! Didn't tell me why - just did.
    Teecee already mentioned this, but just to make it clear... Posting that is fine but please include a link to a source in your post. It's a lot of work for the mods keeping everything civil and legal, so we'd prefer not to go hunting on the internet to find it and confirm as well.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Call it gut instinct fellas...but two positives for the same thing on the same night with two different trainers at the one meeting, with neither horse nor any other horse from either stable having previously or subsequently shown anything after having been swabbed either side thereof? That's a pretty big head scratcher... Doesn't make any sense.
    I know this following quote is from mma athlete who also tested positive to boldenone, but i think it fits:
    http://www.fightmagazine.com/mma-mag...d=358&issid=25
    "Boldenone, which is usually reserved for veterinary care on horses, has a very long half-life, meaning it can reportedly linger in the body for almost a year and a half after being used, and for at least a few months following even a small dosage. But the fact that Silva’s second test came back negative—following his immediate stoppage of ingesting Novedex— more or less spelled out what both Silva and his manager had asserted: Silva could not have taken Boldenone and tested negative mere weeks after having tested positive"
    Do we need to look at the supplements that we are feeding?
    Last edited by NormanS; 02-16-2012 at 12:20 AM. Reason: context

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    So, forgive me if I'm wrong does that mean when triple says our game's administrators should get their heads out of their arses ( see yearling sales threrad) should he include digital images of people with their heads up their arse? or would a "stat dec" suffice? or alternatively, can we take triples word for it because he's a moderator?

Just trying to clear up the rules TC

Cheers,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    What does he need to produce images of.
    He says they should get their heads out....... making a suggestion
    He does not say they have their heads in......they are in a pose..
    to suggest an actioneven inappropriate to the event is not the same as stating a "Fact" without concrete evidence to back up the claim.
    Consideration of his view in this case because he is a moderator is not relevant.

How many Breeders have to be sent to the wall before you get your heads out of your arses????????????

So you reckon this is OK TC? I'll hold you to that, in the line of respectfulness.

This site is moderated by people who should get their heads out of their arses if you think the above is a fair go.

Dan

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    [QUOTE=Messenger;17262]Posting your source is a good idea as that means Mods do not have to have encyclopedic knowledge of everything that is on the record

BUT if you are referring to the Sticky that outlines forum rules, there is no such instruction only:

"You may discuss any publicly available information from reputable sources. These include but aren't limited to: Press releases put out by HRNSW (or other state organisations), news posted by HR Australia, or Harnesslink etc."

Paragraph 2 of same sticky says ..'in part'...

you need to be prepared to back your statements up with proof within that same post. If you do not you can be taken to court, or we (Harnesslink) can be; and we can be shut down.

Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    [QUOTE=Danno;17266]Dan

How many Breeders have to be sent to the wall before you get your heads out of your arses????????????

Dan..
    The quote that you pose to me here I do not consider OK. It is not language I would choose to use but were I to delete all that I disagree with in the language stakes here, there would be very little left.
    It is however not the same as the statement or scenario you previously posed to which I replied and for you to link the two and draw an opinion of my view is in my view disingenuous. Your closing comment is of similar ilk to the one you complain of.
    The powers that be can if they so desire and feel agrieved act on Jaimies comment just as the moderators as a group could consider appropriate action against you for your like comment.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    [QUOTE=teecee;17267]
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Posting your source is a good idea as that means Mods do not have to have encyclopedic knowledge of everything that is on the record

Paragraph 2 of same sticky says ..'in part'...

you need to be prepared to back your statements up with proof within that same post. If you do not you can be taken to court, or we (Harnesslink) can be; and we can be shut down.
    oops I never get as far as the 2nd paragraph - that is why I am reading a forum not books

ps And what was the answer on why I our Mods are not clearly identified?
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-16-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: ps
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Originally Posted by broncobrad
    BOOM Another positive swab for boldenone, this time Karloo Kix

Teecee already mentioned this, but just to make it clear... Posting that is fine but please include a link to a source in your post. It's a lot of work for the mods keeping everything civil and legal, so we'd prefer not to go hunting on the internet to find it and confirm as well.
    Thanks Jules, I've got it now.

Dan, chill a bit and let it go, no point in a ban for no good reason.

Norman, thanks for all the enlightening info tonight.

+ Reply to Thread