Roll With Joe

Thread: BOOM.....McCarthy Positive.

Threaded View

Banned Weanling Zyuganov Leis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Stewart
    "[VVV] I can understand that to a degree but the Lord helps those who help themselves.

Standing at the bar at yearling sales drinking beers and burbons doesn't ever get it done.

Anyone only needed to be in attendance at the Sydney APG and the day prior and make note of the bigger team NSW Trainers who were there...and how hard they were working in terms of looking at yearlings to get a fair heads up on who is serious and who is not...at least at the deeper end of the pool. Luke was out there, Barry was there, as were Neil Day, Peter Rixon, Peter Russo and from what I saw that was pretty much it. Maybe I have done others a big disservice & they also were there but I didn't see them.

Outside of NSW...Mark Purdon and Natalie were there on Saturday whilst Andy Gath, Noel Alexander & Jayne Davies all never stopped looking both on Saturday and Sunday. It's as always the old story. The harder you work the luckier you get. END."

You musn't have saw Dennis Wilson (brought a couple), Blake Fitzpatrick (brought a couple plus getting the nice ones brought by Liam O'Connor), Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussan who all spent the entire Friday afternoon inspecting lot after lot.

Trainers who whinge about other trainers getting 'all the good horses' should get off the ass and put in, prospect new clients, cultivate existing, pr themselves and stop whining.

if your training, it's your business, promote it like everyone else does in outside industry everyday of the week. 90% of trainers bloody whinge about the game and they don't have a good horse like it's the right to get one, yet don't do a thing to try and get one.

I know one consignee on Sunday who promoted her stock really well, and I heard other's knock her for "being a bloody pr machine" yet she went home with all three (3) sold and two (2) of those, WELL above her expectations. She loves the game, works her tale off and got the rewards.

90% of trainers wouldn't even put out a newsletter to their clients or even have a website. It's 2012 ladies and gentleman and they run 1.51 not 2.00 like 'back in the day' so get up, get with it and go and attract owners to your barn.

TJ was the best and a forerunner at it, Gai followed suit and now every galloping stable has a 'racing manager' constantly pr'ing and communicating to their clients, media and the marketplace. Harness trainers still walk around talking about 'back in the day' and their 'one big plunge' at Upper Combucta West many moons ago, blah, blah, blah, boorrring!!!
    Last edited by teecee; 02-17-2012 at 01:18 PM.