Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
I heard a story, one which though I cannot confirm is nonetheless worth the re-telling.
Apparently Mark & Nat were at a Macca's in Canterbury when Mark noticed a life sized Ronald McDonald in the kids playground. He then said to Nat... "Hey Nat, look over there, geeze that looks like John Curtin only I reckon that Ronald's hair is holding up a lot better than John's is". It would have been all well and good, nobody would ever have known, but unfortunately the bloke whacking into a double quarter pounder meal at the next table not only overheard the comment, he was a NZ harness racing fan & he happened to be an old school mate of John's.
He duly got on the phone and told John what Mark had said. Deeply hurt by yet another unkind comparison with Ronald McDonald...and by way of seeking some level of retribution, John then asked that Tim Butt replace Mark as the driver of Auckland Reactor for duration of the WA ID Carnival.
Remember, you heard it here first.

Geez, Tim's fatter than Anthony, if he were driving AR, 'freight would stop the train' so to speak!!

Got to admit VVV, the story is funny!