Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: One track wonder?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    From papers day of barrier draw last years Miracle Mile

Hall Sr feels Im Themightyquinn is more lethal since the Inter Dominion and is banking on the race to be run at a solid tempo that will allow his powerful pacer to finish over the top of his rivals.
    "If he draws a bit wide we will have to go to the rail and a couple might get in our way when we need to get going," he said.
    "He is in good form, I can't fault him, he is going better than he was in the Inter Dominion series so he is probably worth a shot and that is why we are coming.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    I forgot to add..... I AIN'T KNOCKING HIM !!!!!!!! HE'S A SUPERSTAR!!!! But Australias fastest horse ?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I think without a doubt that ITMQ is Australia's and New Zealands fastest sit and sprint horse of all time; theoretically you cant get much faster. I've seen some brilliant sit and sprint horses over the decades - Koala King, Markovina, Mont Denver Gold, but none of them could come from the rear and sustain their sprint for 5 to 600 metres in top fields and win.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    From papers day of barrier draw last years Miracle Mile

Hall Sr feels Im Themightyquinn is more lethal since the Inter Dominion and is banking on the race to be run at a solid tempo that will allow his powerful pacer to finish over the top of his rivals.
    "If he draws a bit wide we will have to go to the rail and a couple might get in our way when we need to get going," he said.
    "He is in good form, I can't fault him, he is going better than he was in the Inter Dominion series so he is probably worth a shot and that is why we are coming.
    I'm not sure what happened but I didn't think he looked right throughout his 4 runs in the east. I'm not knocking the horse but he couldn't hold out Karloo Mick ( a ten yr old) for second and how many times do you think that would happen?. I think you can look forward to the New Zealand Cup in November when I'm Themightyquinn will head the younger generation of horses. Im sure the two old warriors Mr Feelgood and Smoken Up would have put the cue back in the rack by then.

Member Yearling M.John will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    He differs from the norm of a top grand circuit horse. Majority of the top GC horses are of the Smoken Up, Blacks A Fake mold were they stay all day and run races at a genuine tempo which takes the sprint out of a horse like Imthemightyquinn. That's why Imthemightyquinn is so good, he can go as quick as he can off a slow tempo as a fast one. I do believe that GP makes his sprint look better than perhaps it is. He handles that track better than any other horse and with horses who aren't used to that track maybe getting around the bends worse than normal, he just has lengths on them. He can run 26 quarters around the bend there, only horse in the world that probably can. Menangle however there are a lot of horses that can do that. I believe that around menangle Imthemightyquinn and Smoken up a their best that Smoken up would come out on top but I could very well be wrong and would love to see them both I top form come miracle mile time.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Proved he is Australia's fastest pacer...........possibly ever!
    What is this based on?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Snr confirmed from NZ this week that his next mission is NZ Cup in November.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    What is this based on?
    The actual sectional times he ran in the ID heats, and the relative speed to the other grand circuit horses he competed against........in the 3rd set of heats his final 800 metres was 2 seconds faster than any other heat run that night, and he was not on the fence........Leaders final 800 metres in 55.7 seconds, and he reeled off a quarter in 29.0 3 wide the 400 before that. In the final he waited until the 400 metre mark, giving the other runners approx 12 metres and went 4 & 5 wide to hit the lead turning for home! On the fence his times would be even quicker!

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    The actual sectional times he ran in the ID heats, and the relative speed to the other grand circuit horses he competed against........in the 3rd set of heats his final 800 metres was 2 seconds faster than any other heat run that night, and he was not on the fence........Leaders final 800 metres in 55.7 seconds, and he reeled off a quarter in 29.0 3 wide the 400 before that. In the final he waited until the 400 metre mark, giving the other runners approx 12 metres and went 4 & 5 wide to hit the lead turning for home! On the fence his times would be even quicker!
    I understand now your reasoning but races are longer than 800m and his racing style will not allow him to be on the fence.
    So he is the fastest 800m pacer in Aust providing they don't go quick up front. Like the NZ Inter final

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    ?? Was his 4th run back from spell. 3 runs back in from 6 month spell 21/10/11 28/10/11 18/11/11 all wins at Gloucester Park. So 4 runs in 5 weeks counting Miracle Mile. He just had 3 runs in a week before Interdom!
    Hahaha, not that burnt out. I meant out of the gate!

+ Reply to Thread