Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: W.A Pacing Cup

Hybrid View

buster
    ronerail went too slow, was outsprinted in a 27 last 400m when purdon got outside him doing no work

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Ronerail ran his last 2 quarters 28.4, 27.9.
    His driver Daryl Douglas did about as much as possible to outsprint anything in the race, going slow early, and coming home a last half that quick who would have thought he would have got run down?
    I Can Doosit too good on the night...
    But great to see old Ronny revitalised!
    I wonder how many other horses are running around doing ordinary things who also could have a training change and then be revitalised???

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Ronerail ran his last 2 quarters 28.4, 27.9.
    His driver Daryl Douglas did about as much as possible to outsprint anything in the race, going slow early, and coming home a last half that quick who would have thought he would have got run down?
    I Can Doosit too good on the night...
    But great to see old Ronny revitalised!
    I wonder how many other horses are running around doing ordinary things who also could have a training change and then be revitalised???
    Without putting words in his mouth I think Buster may have been saying is Ronerail is more of a staying type. I don't know the trotting form that well and cant be stuffed looking Ronerail up to see if its true. But take BAF for example. Lets say he was to run a 1.50MR. He could do this in quarters of 28,28,27,27 but he couldnt do it in quarters of 28,30,28,25. Whereas a horse like ITMQ would be able to go 28,30,28,25 but couldnt go 28,28,27,27. Get me? Ronerail would be the BAF in this example.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I was surprised to see such a slow pace in W.A.P/Cup because of the high pressure style of racing in W.A.you can't get away with it.Everyone loves to witness a fast mile rate but it doesn't mean a lot.Washakie won 2 weeks ago rating 1.56.3 over 2506 metres,you would think that being a strong stayer he would be a good thing mile rating 4 secs slower,even though he breezed.As for ITMQ maintaining present form and given just a smidgen of luck he'll storm over the top of them.

+ Reply to Thread