Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fined for backing your drive

Hybrid View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Hope this explain's the ruleI believe this rule has been there for a long time.
    173. (1) A driver shall not bet in a race in which the driver participates.

(2) A driver engaged to drive at a meeting shall not enter the betting area of the racecourse during the period commencing 60 minutes before the time fixed for the first race and finishing at the completion of the driver’s engagements at the meeting.

(3) A driver who fails to comply with any provision of this rule is guilty of an offence.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Hope this explain's the ruleI believe this rule has been there for a long time.
    173. (1) A driver shall not bet in a race in which the driver participates.

(2) A driver engaged to drive at a meeting shall not enter the betting area of the racecourse during the period commencing 60 minutes before the time fixed for the first race and finishing at the completion of the driver’s engagements at the meeting.

(3) A driver who fails to comply with any provision of this rule is guilty of an offence.
    G'day Greg,

this rule always was,

173. (1) A driver shall not bet in a race in which the driver participates, unless the bet includes the horse for which the driver is engaged.

The rule was amended October 2005 to remove the "unless the bet includes the horse for which the driver is engaged."

That one slipped through my guard...and I'm unsure of the reasoning behind the amendment unless it was to copy the gallops..which,in my opinion would be a dumb move.

Cheers,

Dan
    Last edited by Danno; 07-19-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: found some info

+ Reply to Thread