Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: More Positives

Hybrid View

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    My belief is if Any Trainer not matter who how big or small tests positive for a banned substance no matter how minute the reading they should be banned for a period .If then they are CAUGHT again then a lifetime ban is warranted and would serve as a lesson for all.In gallops there are repeat offenders get 6 months transfer horses to a rellie then come back and do the same again.

aussiebreno

aussiebreno
    The way I see it is trainers think they have found something that is non-swabbable and been going for their life. I will wait for the hearings to pass judgement as you never know what might have happened.
    At the end of the day it's a banned substance (whether you think it should be banned or not) and using it is cheating and getting an unfair advantage on rivals.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    G'day Trevor,
    Perhaps I didn't make what I am getting at clear enough. When I stated..."if we had a list of therapeutics in place and thresholds for same then we wouldn't be having this debate..." ...I meant that if we in fact had such a list in place then our Trainers would have little or no need to be thinking 'outside the square'/outside of the rules to this degree. They would aleady have on hand a list of acknowledged/accepted/widely used Veterinary therapeutics and with it the accompanying thresholds for same, thus removing the fear that...for example...they will get a Bute positive some 96hrs+ post administration despite the fact it stops having any appreciably pain killing effect 12hrs post administration. For years and years we've had all manner of cure-alls offered up...herbs, magnets, magic crystals, voodoo dolls, accupuncture, God only knows...you name it, someone's tried it.
    Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to cut to the chase, to chop through all the bollocks and acknowledge then work with the one inescapable truth?
    These are Performance horses and like it or not they need to be medicated/treated...call it what you will....in order to give of and maintain their best form.
    Creating a situation where horses are racing in peak physical health, pain free & giving of and maintaining their best form posssible is a win/win/win. The Owner, The Trainer, The Punter...everyone benefits. Am I the only one who can see this? I strongly suspect that is not the case.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Hi Jaimie , Mark again . We do have a list of acceptable therapeutic substances for any good horseman to work with . Its anything thats not on the banned substance list . Bloody easy . Problem is that most of these guys and gals don't know how to trian effectively without them . There are performance horses and they don't need drugs to keep them on the track , unless you want an unfair advantage . These people DON'T use them to as therapeutics , they use them to win . Like ive said a thousand times , if a horse really needs them then he's too sick to race .
    Looks like the grape vine was correct about the drenching .
    Last edited by trish; 02-22-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Member Yearling Toni will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Prescott
    I highly doubt anyone would have said if you are a leading trainer, then it is ok to cheat. That would have been taken out of context or not read in the manner it was intended. That is a lot of whats wrong with online forums today - people read what they want to read in order to create drama and an argument.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    I highly doubt anyone would have said if you are a leading trainer, then it is ok to cheat. That would have been taken out of context or not read in the manner it was intended. That is a lot of whats wrong with online forums today - people read what they want to read in order to create drama and an argument.
    Toni can assure you it was said on here cant be bothered or have the time to go back and find the quote

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    A few questions...

-Can they/do they quantify the actual amount of Capsaicin detected?

-If not, then how can it be conclusively proven that it did not come as a result of some anti-Crib preparation?...so many of which clearly contain Capsaicin.

This aspect has recently been mentioned on another Harness Racing Forum I'm part of and for the sake of the debate, I thought it worth repeating here.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    A few questions...

-Can they/do they quantify the actual amount of Capsaicin detected?

-If not, then how can it be conclusively proven that it did not come as a result of some anti-Crib preparation?...so many of which clearly contain Capsaicin.

This aspect has recently been mentioned on another Harness Racing Forum I'm part of and for the sake of the debate, I thought it worth repeating here.

[VVV] Geeze, a week has passed and nothing. You guys are losing your Mojo. Dot would have been all over that post like a Seagull on an errantly dropped hot chip.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    What's become of Dot? There's been no word from her for a few weeks now.

+ Reply to Thread