Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ID13 - Wildcard x 2

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    RACE 6 - TAB.COM.AU INTER DOMINION (HEAT THREE) (GROUP 2) (2240 MS)
    Smoken Up NZ was a late scratching at 9.30 am acting on veterinary advice when this gelding was found to be lame in front.
    Lance Justice, trainer of Smoken Up NZ, was fined $1000 under AR30(1) in that as the trainer of Smoken Up NZ he failed to report ailments and injuries to the horse subsequent to its last start at Ballarat 25 January 2013, which resulted in lameness, back soreness and x-rays being conducted and further that the horse suffered a spider bite in the days leading in to tonight’s race which resulted in the gelding missing some work which in the opinion of stewards were factors which may have affected its running in this evening’s race. In assessing penalty stewards took into account Mr Justice’s clear record and good standing within the industry however they further took into account the significance of the Inter Dominion series and that betting on this series had been conducted for some time and in the view of stewards those prepared to invest were entitled to have the knowledge of any relevant concerns.

Member Yearling Toni will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Prescott
    So does anyone know why he was actually scratched?

I personally think that if you couldnt compete in the heats, you shouldnt be given a wildcard into the final. (Even though I agree it would be great to see SU in the race). Its just the way the cookie crumbles, similar to needing a standing start, start before the hunter cup.

Its a shame how badly everyone views this ID - hope they go back to the drawing board. What about having a second heat this saturday and then the final the same weekend?? That could have made it more interesting, yet the heats could have still be held in other cities. (Although I think if there are only a few runners like NZ, that should be re-thought).

+ Reply to Thread