Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blackie draws 2 - rest of Aussies draw poorly for both Inter Dominion Grand Finals

Hybrid View

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    I can visualise Blacks A Fake leading but in no way holding it . I think this time the lead is Smoken Ups for the taking. Blacks a Fake going to the lead Smoken Up moving through and Natalie handing up to Lance and there they sit 1 & 2.
    Wow thats a big call Mighty Atom, I'd be stunned if Natalie handed up under any cicrucmstances..Smoken Up leads he just wins. I think Blacks a Fak will lead, and Lance will be happy to sit parked and control the race from the death.

I remember my namesake Village Kid handing up the lead in the 1985 Inters to Preux Chevalier, the next time he handed up the lead was (begrudgingly) to Westburn Grant in the 1990 WA Pacing Cup. It sort of signified the end of an era, the passing of the torch, like an acceptance that Willie was no longer the top dog...I just can't see BAF willing to hand up his crown just yet. He might not win, but he'll lead all the same (in my humble opinion.)

Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Oops..think I said "I just can't see BAF willing to hand up his crown just yet. He might not win, but he'll lead all the same (in my humble opinion)"
    Apologies Mighty Atom, you were 100% correct!!!

Things were looking good, I had Stylish Monarch place only at $3.20 in the Trotters Final, and Mr Feelgood $6.50 and $2.00 in the Pacers Final, basing that on his ability to get to the breeze first, then hand up to Smoken Up and get the perfect 1:1 cover for the last mile...was prematurely patting myself on the back with a lap and a half to go, then Smoken Up strolled to the front. Race over.

Great race all the same, a well deserved victory for Lance and Smoken Up, big effort to hold off Imthemghtyquinn gallant in defeat, and congratulations to Natalie Rasmussen and Blackie, 4 wins and 2 placing in 6 Grand Finals...remarkable. Obviously not the Blackie of old, but gallant as always. 1, 2 3 Aussies.

Hope others read the race better than I did!!
    Last edited by Village Kid; 04-08-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    btw just watching the beginning of the race a couple of times and ITMQ landed in a good spot around midfield..looks like Gary Hall Jnr may have been responsible for 2 horses galloping in the process.

Be interesting to see what others think.

Flashing Red
    Blackie is really begining to wind down - 12 months ago he sat 3 wide the last lap at Menangle to win. I guess it was inevitable that he would wind down in the end - its just after his last Interdom win I thought he would have still been quite dominant for at least another 12 months. Well done to Lance and Trigger, a well deserved win regardless

+ Reply to Thread