Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
Not sure about the cash side of things I know positive swabs are close to your heart.

I was not aware it had got up to 56 but I will take your word for it .

I have always said the one good thing to come from this debacle would be the extra budget for swabbing.

I have it on very good advice that as far back as the GHRRA days John Coughlan was always trying to get more funding from HRNSW to do extra swabbing and this was in the day before Bentley was even employed however those requests always fell on deaf ears.

I am not sure how many winners are even swabbed these days but until it is at 100% like the gallops there will always be some who run the gauntlet, even then there are some, as the gallops prove but nothing like the Harness Numbers.
Bill are you certain the gallops are the best example? The way we handle things now is heading in the opposite direction to the gallops. Mandatory sentencing is unheard of there. They recieve numerous warnings along with have every case heard on individual merits. We continue to roll out the "present horse substance free" line and slam honest participants who had zero intention of "doping" a horse. If you want an example of this no case has ever made my skin crawl more than the treatment of David Lang in the Riverina. Slammed for use of a substance that really wouldn't make his horse go one yard faster. More to the point he didn't administer it either. The DMSO saga with Lance was disgusting. The Gallops don't eat their own the way we do. They actually promote trainers as people and amazingly treat them like it also. Not the "scum" that our stewards see our trainers for.