Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: STALLION'S 10/11 season n.z

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Flashing Red

I was just wondering if you have any yearling's by Flashing Red and if so how'd they break in for you.
    Just one at the moment. One died during foaling and the other the mare died through the pregnancy overnight (I've mentioned that one before). So we have been unlucky. The one we do have was a poddy foal. She has the best personalty (she's one of my favorites) and took to breaking in very easily. She looks to be a nice mover, does not look like she is going to touch anywhere etc but obviously as yearlings they're not breaking any records at the training track yet! A friend of mine (trainer-driver) also has a Flashing Red filly and she has also been very pleased with her. Some people who have some in NZ messaged me on Facebook out of the blue a while ago and also said how pleased they were. From the photos I have seen, most of them look very similar, they definitely have Flash's head. With how he stamps them physically, lets hope his ability transpires into them too! Fingers crossed!
    He may not become the next Bettors Delight, but the old boy deserved the shot and always has a home if he doesn't send the breeding shed on fire. He brought a number of people back into the game breeding mares they hadn't bred in a while etc and overall the support and kindness of everyone supporting him has been great. If he can produce tough, sound horses like himself he's done his job.

nat
    Hi Mango

The comment wasn't directed at you just didn't know how to balloon the comment from the past, just that comment in Triplev123 post was taken a bit out of context and had to show post 71 see my reasoning

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Nat

Yeah all good and thanks for clearing that up, so just out of curiosity where did you send you Falcon mare's.

nat
    One's still going around and the other has a very stereotype like Cullen weanling to Gotta Go Cullect

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Nat

I visited Alabar n.z in early april and had a look at Gotta Go Cullect and to be honest he was a little average in size and not overly long in the barrel, it will be interesting to see how he turns out when he has fully developed if he hasn't already. In saying this i saw a lot of his foals at Alabar and i have seen at least half a dozen by him owned by different people out here in Aus and they are cracking types very leggy with a bit of presence about them.

triplev123
    I don't think Christian Cullen has left an heir yet. It's getting late in the movie too. If he's going to do so he'd want to hurry up about it. I reckon there's a big chance that he will flip over to the venerated damsire roll.

nat
    Give them a chance Triplev123 his 4 better types have only been at stud a couple of years and I dont think they are even ready to race yet

nat
    Hi Mango

If I had my choice it would have been Pay Me Christian but he is restricted on farm only.

triplev123
    Nah, that's not quite what I meant Nat. What I meant there was that I can't see his heir arising from any of the currently at stud contenders.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Nat

I think the only one by C-C with a good chance of making it is Gotta Go Cullect due to him getting good books of mare's. As Pay Me Christian's semen doesn't travel that makes it hard for him straight away and Gotta Go Cullen for me is priced to high. I would love to see a pic of Gotta Go Cullen now that he has let down, he was of good size and length. If he had of been priced right i think he could of got a decent book of mare's.

+ Reply to Thread