Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
Hi Brent, Big chance that Stoned I Am and Flying Isa might burn out and Stent might end up getting a nice spot. Not sure if he has a lot of speed out of the mobile but it will be interesting to see where he lobs.
He's got plenty of speed early (and late) Kevin. There's only one scenario I'm worried about regarding the bet and that's 4 pegs. If he's 3 pegs I'm confident the 2 in front (which would likely be the 1 & 2) will take him far enough into the straight for him to show his speed.....if DeFilippi snags back at the start I'm sure he's classy & versatile enough to then figure in the finish and the other scenario is the one u mentioned.....an early speed burn where he pops off into the running line.
I usually don't bet each way but the B365 win price of $8 seems real good value for a bloke whose won gold or silver in 27 of 38 starts. May have to include a small win wager.
Final note: Stents kiwi form is 10-12 lengths superior to that of Flying Isa. It's just a question of how far has Luke improved him?