My plays tonight,
FRANCO JAMAR Albion Park R4 $3- Sportsbet
L McCarthy once rated this fella in the best few horses in Australasia. I understand that was some 2 years ago, but he showed his capabilities when he had his first public appearance in a trial last prep, running his mile in 1:52.4. No trials this time in and I can't help but think that Cockburn will have him ready to fly tonight, just like that trial. I'm happy to pay to see. I had him around the $2.20 mark
ALEPPO MIDAS Melton R3 $6- Tatts (+ an equal stake 'saver' on STENT $1.90 Sportsbet)
Stent is all class but I see good value in AM with the way I reckon the race might be run. Stent will need to burn early to hold out the 4 & 6 and although there has been apparent talk of leading throughout, I'd imagine his best chances of winning (& running the quickest time to get the best draw for final) would be to take a sit on the free wheeling AM when she comes calling around the 1200m. Rated Stent $2.30 & AM $4-
***FLYING ISA Melton R4 $3.50 B365
Aussie record holder at the mile. Whilst not brilliant out, he should lead early. Whether Luke takes a sit thereafter is the question, as 5 of the 6 drawn to his outside are go forward types including the current fav drawn 3 who didn't relinquish the chair over the longer trip last week. He did fold up the last little bit last week, but to my eye he looked the only danger to Stent coming to the final bend and in this class the mile may be more his go. I had him marked at $2.50.
QUITE A MOMENT Melton R8 $6- Ladcrooks
This is a 4 horse race and I'm keen on last terms Breeders Crown victor who looks drawn to lead. Did show enough speed to lead Shes An Image in the heat and I'm hoping she will be able to do the same tonight.....also reckon the 2 may prevent Lang from finding leaders back. Aikens pair, whilst dynamic, are mistake prone and terribly drawn. I've also thrown a few bucks on the 2 to run a drum at cricket score odds. I rated QAM a $3.50 winning chance.
GO AHEAD MAKEMYDAY Melton R10 $21- Tatts (+ an equal stake 'saver'on MYJ $2.10 Tatts)
MYJ has the runs on the board in the Monte miles and IMO will start as short as $1.65. Taken a punt on GAM as it does have a few pluses on its side and is at nice odds. + trained by C Lang + former 'group' performer (arguably the best performed horse in the race) + won a monte trial recently. It will have to go roughly 10 lengths faster tonight than it did in its trial however. Rate GAM $10 & MYJ $1.65
GL to those punting tonight.