I notice a trainer has been stood down pending an enquiry.
http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=23135
If you watch the races you can see why but I am sure Justin will put up a spirited defence. My biggest issue is if you are running TAB races that have fixed odds on them and people can get on Betfair and lay the horse and the race is only worth $2000 ($1085 to the winner) what do you expect. If a horse wins a TAB race and the owner does not even receive enough to pay one months training fees then the system is bound to be rorted. I think the industry has a whole needs to reassess. I personally think the difference between big races, Metropolitan races and the C and R races is too far. If the interdom was worth $400k I do not think it would make a difference to the coverage but the money would be better distributed through the whole industry. Add this to the fact that there are just to many races. Prizemoney at grass roots levels need to increase or the likelyhood of incidents occurring as above will definitely be reduced. Don't think I am staying stopped as someone will always be looking to rort the system but at the current standard it is a disgrace.