Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Calling Buster & Mango

triplev123

Calling Buster & Mango

Buster's absence is noted by way of a distinct lack of comment & Mango has turned his phone off.
    Enough said. Now gentlemen, may I respectfully refer you to the drive in Race 6 @ Newcastle last night.
    On behalf of Laurence I'll accept your apologies in advance. Many thanks.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Triple

No apology required as far as i'm concerned. Horse went good the big difference for me was the 2nd quarter 31.9 at Newcastle compared to a 28.8 at Menangle when it was not needed. If he had of drove the horse a bit more conservative at Menangle the previous week (2nd quarter noted) Oscar wouldn't of been racing at Newcastle for $5,500 on a friday night he would of been racing at Menangle on a Saturday night for $200k prize money. Maybe i'm been a bit harsh but when someone tell's you he is the best 3yr old you take notice i expected him to win at Menangle with ease and like a good horse should but to roll the 2nd quarter in 28.8 when not needed has me baffled . Phone's back on.

triplev123

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Great song but i believe my comment has merit.

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Buster asked that his account be deleted. Not sure why.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

triplev123
    G'day Mango,
    I find it highly inconsistent of both Buster & yourself that you'd climb all over Laurence and yet give a pass to Ash's steer aboard Jack Kendall's colt in the 1st, arguably the worst of the night by a fair margin. Ash left hard off the gate and rightly or wrongly she made it clear that she was holding no matter what (something which Mark Purdon found out, no doubt to his significant dismay, especially so when, after not being waved through to the front ala NZ) his horse jumped it off and threw all chance away. Ash sent her colt to the to 3/4 pole (1891m) in a gross of 2:17.2. Perhaps not all that surpringly the horse was in full reverse just before he reached that mark & finished 8th...but not a peep from either of you guys????????????????? By way of a direct comparison Oscar rolled to the lead & reached that same mark in a gross of 2:17.8, ultimately being collared in the stretch I think just before the 200m mark & finished 6th. Cue Buster & yourself who chime in to give Laurence a pay for the drive...others would do a better job in the bike, he's driving her like Gracie, the colt will end up the same, a great gnashing of teeth and general wailing...etc etc etc. Now unless my eyes fail me compleley I don't see either of you calling for Jack to tip Ash out & put someone else up. Call me a cynic if you will...but from where I sit you guys appear to have a significantly different set of standards depending on the driver/s involved. Incidentally, did it ever occur to you that some drivers actually do, rightly or wrongly, exactly what the Owners/Trainer requests of them, Ash included? Probably not.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Buster

Don't delete your account as some of your idea's and view's are good and some maybe different but that's the thing it's a forum and it's up for discussion, so all i can say is take a deep breath before pulling the plug and think about it as you must enjoy it as you spend a lot of time on here.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triple

I bagged Ash's drive on that colt so you better go back through the post's and you will see. You will find it under Drive Of The Night (NOT)

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Good work Mango, it's funny how triplevarcoe always deflects the conversation onto other people when his opinions are seen to come undone.
    Buster, don't sign off mate, I know some people can be highly annoying but the secret is to not let irritations get to u. (if that was part of the reason)

triplev123
    A voice from The Peanut Gallery. Couldn't have gotten enough money on it. It's funny how you think the indentity of the various people on this forum is all some big mystery. Brother, Sherlock Holmes...you aint. Just for the sake of the exercise though...who might the likes of Eliteblood or Mightymo or Montana, Flashing Red, Mango etc. be do you think ?
    Don't strain yourself now. Just put on your Dearstalker Hat, polish up your magnifying glass, light up the pipe and give it a shot.
    Last edited by triplev123; 04-30-2011 at 07:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread