Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: QLD racing

triplev123
    Therefore, send not to know.
    For whom the Bell tolls,
    It tolls for thee............Racing QLD.

Flashing Red
    You forgot to mention harness racing in Queensland in general, Triple V. The actions taken over the past few months has ensured that this sport will no longer be able to continue in this state, moreso IMHO if we go back to being 3 separate bodies. We WILL loose that 14% turnover margin and that will be the final nail in the coffin. I wonder what the big stables in this state will do then!!
    Last edited by Flashing Red; 05-24-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: adding one word

Flashing Red
    All I can say is I can't wait until the barns in Menangle are built I've jumped ship already and almost feel like a New South Welsh(wo)men now! lmao! Still hoping for a miracle for harness racing in Qld however...

triplev123
    Sister, all I can say is that you & yours are most welcome here in NSW.
    Glad to have you on board.
    Now, about that FSS filly I mentioned a few months ago...

Flashing Red
    I really did love the racing at Menangle, reminded me a little of America! Building barns and running quicker times will make it a little Meadowlands!

triplev123
    ...as will the available $$$Prizemoney$$$. It's all good.

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    If I heard correctly on In The Gig they are even cancelling the Albion Park monday afternoon meetings. Would like to know why as they seemed to be getting enough races and runners.

Anyone know why or when this will happen ?

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hi All,
    I have been reading this thread since it started and I am really sad by the state of affairs in Queensland. Madness. I have some GREAT memories of going to meetings in the state. It shows you how our industry is really at the hands of the powers to be and as in a lot of places here in NZ nothing more than a political football, used by people who don't know how to pass or kick.

triplev123
    For mine, Melbourne band 'Something for Kate' inadvertantly described the Harness Racing Industry's widely held view of Racing QLD in the lyrics of their song 'Monsters'.
    I couldn't get with the program and I couldn't listen to them...it was like trying to think in reverse.

triplev123

Now the Brisbane APG Sale is gone....

Another pillar bites the dust. Racing QLD must be VERY proud of their trail of destruction.

Bring on Campbell Newman & the LNP....QLD is SCREAMING for a change of Government.

+ Reply to Thread