Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do we make Harness Racing strong via today's sports betting market

Hybrid View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    pfft marketing..easy.. go trots, watch Smoken Up. Awesome!!

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    pfft marketing..easy.. go trots, watch Smoken Up. Awesome!!
    Toohard with all due respect Smoken up has been a great champion. But if lance and owners had a "horse first mentally" they would have done the right thing by the horse and retired him 6 months ago or more. IMO the horse should have been retired as group one horse in a group one race. Not been pushed around week in week out for the sake of it in free for allers. I mean what more do their want of the horse? His won 3.5 million. Properly the same as 10 million in gallopers.

And lance knows it. He just doesn't want to stop being in the lime light. Look at the way his driveing him, Tonite a 32.2 first quarter, 30.5 second quarter. He would never even have worked him that slow in track work. And he only fell in . Two years ago he would have beat those horses by 3 or 4 lenghts.

To make exuses his a gelding or he stills wants to do it are a joke. No top sportsmen wants to retire their have to bee told. You only have to look at punch drunk boxers.
    Last edited by jackthepunter; 05-10-2014 at 01:56 AM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    Toohard with all due respect Smoken up has been a great champion. But if lance and owners had a "horse first mentally" they would have done the right thing by the horse and retired him 6 months ago or more. IMO the horse should have been retired as group one horse in a group one race. Not been pushed around week in week out for the sake of it in free for allers. I mean what more do their want of the horse? His won 3.5 million. Properly the same as 10 million in gallopers.

And lance knows it. He just doesn't want to stop being in the lime light. Look at the way his driveing him, Tonite a 32.2 first quarter, 30.5 second quarter. He would never even have worked him that slow in track work. And he only fell in . Two years ago he would have beat those horses by 3 or 4 lenghts.

To make exuses his a gelding or he stills wants to do it are a joke. No top sportsmen wants to retire their have to bee told. You only have to look at punch drunk boxers.
    When you run within yourself and he has never been a noted sprinter it us hard to put a gap on them in 26.9 final quarter. Didnt just fall in as you say. If he goes his usual quick quarters Chilli Palmer sprints over top of him but as we've seen past few weeks not even Chilli can make ground in 26 quarters (oh but Themightyquinn can). Good driving.

On topic. Good thread, good topic Messenger. I haven't had time to post my thoughts but most of what I would have said has been touched on so I won't bore you with details.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post

The thread about promoting harness racing. If the last 400m of that race last night wasn't the best promotion for a long time then I'll go he. And note...FREE promotion.

Fell in? He was headed after they turned. Then Chilli Palmer had him in his sights. And he still won. That from a horse that doesn't want to do it?

Don't know why you taking a pot shot at Lance. He drove the horse to win last nights race against the horses that were in last nights race. And he did it perfectly. He won.

He's doing it to keep himself in the limelight? Please...gimme a break. You go out to the trots when he's racing. People turn up to watch him race. Doesn't matter where it is or what type of race it is, they turn up.

Go check out the trots items on social media. See how many people comment about him before and after he races. Every time he bowls around. You don't think that's one of the reasons he might still be racing?

They are a long time retired. Why would you retire him when he's still competitive and providing so much enjoyment to so many people (and free promotion!). Everyone had him written off 6 months ago. Then he broke 1.50 round Menangle again. Not following one....doing it himself out in front. Everyone was wrong. Lance was right. He'll know when it's time for the horse to retire.

Punch drunk boxers get knocked down and don't get up.... Smoken Up does.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    The thread about promoting harness racing. If the last 400m of that race last night wasn't the best promotion for a long time then I'll go he. And note...FREE promotion.

Fell in? He was headed after they turned. Then Chilli Palmer had him in his sights. And he still won. That from a horse that doesn't want to do it?

Don't know why you taking a pot shot at Lance. He drove the horse to win last nights race against the horses that were in last nights race. And he did it perfectly. He won.

He's doing it to keep himself in the limelight? Please...gimme a break. You go out to the trots when he's racing. People turn up to watch him race. Doesn't matter where it is or what type of race it is, they turn up.

Go check out the trots items on social media. See how many people comment about him before and after he races. Every time he bowls around. You don't think that's one of the reasons he might still be racing?

They are a long time retired. Why would you retire him when he's still competitive and providing so much enjoyment to so many people (and free promotion!). Everyone had him written off 6 months ago. Then he broke 1.50 round Menangle again. Not following one....doing it himself out in front. Everyone was wrong. Lance was right. He'll know when it's time for the horse to retire.

Punch drunk boxers get knocked down and don't get up.... Smoken Up does.
    The last 400m a great promotion...i agree but problem is, will we see that anywhere in the near future in any Marketing perspective?
    And more importantly will it be outside the realm of people who already know about our great Trigger and who are already fans of him and the sport?
    Connecting to people who have never heard of Smoken Up is the important thing and unless i didn't see it, has Trigger been "promoted" outside our inner circle in the last 4-6 weeks???
    This is what needs fixing.

+ Reply to Thread