That was a great post Ash, but like others I would delete the last line.However you certainly captured what an ID actually IS, and the current format is certainly NOT that.

I truly wonder what the NSWHRC and HRA have set done as indicators for success or otherwise for not only the format being run at Menangle, but the current "tender" process and subsequent allocation.

I can't see how the ID being run three years in a row at the one venue is good for the game, either in the short term or the longer term. To me that seems like very similar thinking to taking the licence off tracks and centralising to one venue in each area which was foisted on us a few years ago and has since proven to have a negative impact on participation.

I'm all for trying new ways of doing things for the betterment of the game as a whole, but some things like this current format and the wholly negative feedback from industry participants ( I say wholly because I can't remember a single participant saying it's a good idea) should be an indicator that it's a mistake not to be repeated.

Cheers,
Dan