[QUOTE=aussiebreno;37624]http://www.harness.org.au/hra/pdfs/W...NAL-301014.pdf

One of key reasons people punt, including pros, is consistent track bias. With sprint lanes at a track it provides this consistency. Without sprint lanes there is no consistency in getting a run or not.

How does a sprint lane negate track bias? Track bias is where the track has been moved, a running rail put out across the normal track configuration, the weather conditions may promote a leader bias or swoopers bias as the track is not even under foot! If it's a prefect day, the sun is shining, the drivers have polished their helmets.....How does the sprint lane help all runners with getting a clear run? You have looked after the horse 2F & 3F, but what have you done for the rest?..........YILCH!.....you have now made it an uneven contest! I am still waiting for just one decent suggestion as to how you are going to compensate the other runners in a race, that don't have the luxury of the SL, to get a clear run?? Please tell me before I die from anticipation! OK, now you have the SL, and your 2F sprinter gets it's clear run along it...........Yahoo, how good is that!.......now, what about the runner drawn barrier10 for instance, that, fails to get a clear run (NCRVS), and this is verified by the stewards....I hope your with me to this point!......Are you prepared to give the punters that backed this horse a refund of their money???? Would not this be fair using your previous analogy of consistency!
Steve you have also turned a blind eye to the argument PBD horses actually get use of the advantage of the draw.

The barrier draw is a completely different argument.........it does not matter what the barrier draw is, it is where runners end up after the start.....if you can't take advantage of the barrier what does it matter?.....if you decide to be 2F.....don't expect any special treatment, pull back out of the ways, stay off the fence in the first place!

Another concern of punters is the leader bias. Does the sprint lane not hamper that leader bias?[/QUOTE

Leader bias will always be there, the SL will only make leader bias even greater........Why, the psychology of the human mind!....the driver of the leaders will work out that if you only go slow, you will have the maximum energy levels available to run down the straight and hold off the SL'ers.....it will make the racing a joke! You only have to look at Redcliffe to see how the SL has ruined trotting.......the tracks have become larger, straights are longer, the opportunity to beat leaders has improved out of site! If a jockey at the gallops holds another runner in, he is proclaimed a "genius", The Messiah.........at the trots, that's not fair!

Once again....can someone show me where a sprint lane enhances the chances of all runners in a race???