Sorry Kevin,
but I think that idea absolutley stinks, our game has been gradually becoming more and more like the North American model....mile racing, mobile starts..and look how successful they are at holding punters on Harness racing...NOT, if it wasn't for "the slots" they would be racing for fun and bugger all else ( like we will be if we don't get some real action).

Sorry mate my personal opinion is lets be different and interesting rather than the same boring thing, I'm aware there was some unqualified "market research" doing the rounds a while back saying "young punters want shorter races" but I'm pretty sure if you did the same survey 60 years ago, using the same demographics, you would have got a similar skewed result.

Seriously mate, if we go down the track of 6 horse 1,000 metre races wearing colours that represent barrier draws, I for one will definitley give the game away, and that's a big but honest statement, this silly game we play has been a big part of my life for about 45 years so far, but I am definite on that, I'm gone if we get to that and I know a lot of other people who would as well.

cheers,

Dan